Naturals, how long is your hair before and after

MrsHouston

... getting it straightening. My hair is above my shoulders when not straightened. However, straightened its BSL. There needs to be product to make your hair hang longer while curly. I wonder how short WL is curly b/c it seems my hair will have to grow to WL to have some real length while curly. Kinda sucks, but I still love being natural!

keepithealthy

I was just thinking about this last night. My hair shrinks above chin lenght in it's curly state. In a stretched style It can hang just above my shoulder. Straightened my hair is apl chasing bsl. I have crazy shrinkage:drunk:

Last edited:

~~HoneyComb~~

My hair is shoulder length curly--every so often I can get it to stretch a little past, and straightened it would be MBL.

My DD's hair is buttlength straightened and her curly hair is almost APL curly--we have major shrinkage like lots of naturals.

snillohsss

Collarbone length when very curly. I can get mine to hang to my shoulders sometimes. It's BSL when straight in the back, and APL on the sides.

chebaby

when curly the back falls at sl and the rest is nl. when straightened my hair is about an inch from bsl.

MrsHouston

Man, so I really won't have any "real" length curly for awhile...just like I thought. I was going to wait until my hair was MBL/Shoulder Length before wearing it down...but I decided to go ahead this past weekend and wear my wash and go...it was very liberating!

EllePixie

Ah, the joys of tightly curled hair. My hair is about chin length curly and almost APL when it's straight. This is why I changed my length goal from waist length to tailbone length, because I want it to be BSL curly...gosh...that's gonna be a lot of hair.:lol:

Ms Lala

My hair is above my shoulders when I let it shrink up all the way. When straightened it's WL.

CrownCola

Its hard for me to assign a length to my unstretched hair right now.
Shrunken fully, (no product or manipulation) makes it about 8x shorter than when straightened.
Its like whoa.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2

aa9746

... getting it straightening. My hair is above my shoulders when not straightened. However, straightened its BSL. There needs to be product to make your hair hang longer while curly. I wonder how short WL is curly b/c it seems my hair will have to grow to WL to have some real length while curly. Kinda sucks, but I still love being natural!

If it wasn't for shrinkage I wouldn't be trying to grow my hair to waist. Even after I straighten it starts shrinking I still don't see the whole length.

BostonMaria

Before I straighten my hair is shoulder length.

Straight my hair is waist length (see avatar)

Ah, the joys of tightly curled hair. My hair is about chin length curly and almost APL when it's straight. This is why I changed my length goal from waist length to tailbone length, because I want it to be BSL curly...gosh...that's gonna be a lot of hair.:lol:

EllePixie I have the same issue. My hair is shoulder length curly no matter how long my hair is :ohwell: I thought for sure it would be at LEAST APL curly by now being that I am waist length. Not even close. I think I will need to change my final length to be ankle length in order to achieve BSL curly LOL

Embyra

sigh i was thinking about this the other day......im hoping for apl curly waistlength straight :meditate::crossfingers:

**SaSSy**

3rd Big Chop on 7/18/2016
My hair is shoulder length curly--every so often I can get it to stretch a little past, and straightened it would be MBL.

My DD's hair is buttlength straightened and her curly hair is almost APL curly--we have major shrinkage like lots of naturals.

~~HoneyComb~~ your hair looks really nice in your siggy

Lita

*In its natural state freshly washed & uncombed/The back is BSL/frontSL..

*Flat ion..Back TBL/Front in layers some parts little below BSL/rest of front past BSL...

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:

SmileyNY

When I was natural & before I cut my hair, I had major shrinkage. I wasn't even full neck length when completely shrunken (more like chin length) & full BSL (almost MBL) stretched. I have to find a picture of my sister pulling a strand & upload it. It was like I was a hair dispenser & extra hair was coming out of my head lol. I probably would have had to be thigh length to get decent hang. It would have also been a very WIDE hang, but hey, get out the way LOL!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
I am barely ear length when curly, but full SL approaching APL when straightened.

My white stylist was soooo giddy when she straightened my hair and kept saying "look how long it is..." :lol:

cutenss

Mine is like yours OP, Shoulder shrunken, BSL straigthened. I think that the twist-n-curl gives the desired look. Now if I could just perfect the technique...:yawn:

Boujoichic

My wash and go is SL My hair pulled straight is APL ( I made APL woohoo ). My shrinkage doesnt seem that bad but my hair may still shrink to shoulder after I make BSB but only time will tell.