Naturals, how long is your hair before and after

fivetimestwo

My curly hair is between ear length and nape length but straightened it's about an inch above APL. I agree that a product needs to be invented that helps the hair "hang" more while curly. :yep:

yamilee21

My hair is shoulder to APL when curly, and mostly tailbone when straightened. The shrinkage seems to increase with length, :lol:.

LaFemmeNaturelle

Before I straighten my hair is shoulder length.

Straight my hair is waist length (see avatar)

EllePixie I have the same issue. My hair is shoulder length curly no matter how long my hair is :ohwell: I thought for sure it would be at LEAST APL curly by now being that I am waist length. Not even close. I think I will need to change my final length to be ankle length in order to achieve BSL curly LOL

BostonMaria :hardslap:

Fine 4s

SL when shrunken, about WL when straightened....

@BostonMaria, PM coming right up! Wait, couldn't send it...I'm so late on responding to a PM about doing your hair. PM me if you're still interested!
At least let me play in it...dayum it!

LaFemmeNaturelle, that second slap was hilarious! lol

Last edited:

Fhrizzball

Fully Shrunken it's a weird mommy wig/El curly like my siggy.
When stretched it's about CL/NL
Fully Stretched/straighten before it poofs up it comes to APL/Mid Shoulder Blade.

I want it to be Full SL curly but I doubt that's possible on fully shrunken hair.

LovelyNaps26

honestly i don't think my hair will get past shoulder length in it's natural state. It will get BIGGER, but not longer, kind of like Mwedzi's hair. With my hair goal, I hope to reach mbl-waist straightened and big full Tracee hair with braid/twist out.

currently my hair is BSB (technically BSL but i need another inch to really claim it) straightened and shrunken it is just past ear length.

Last edited:

knt1229

I have come to realize that the length of my hair unstraightened is best determined by how big it is not by where it falls. Depending on body parts for unstraightened length checks is useless. My hair stays at my shoulders no matter what. My hair gets bigger and only somewhat longer in its unstraightened state.

ETA: I don't know how long it is straightened because I haven't straightened since last summer. The back when wet is past my shoulders and might be APL or close I'm not really sure. The back of my hair is looser than the rest. Once dry it shrinks to my shoulders.

Last edited:

Janet'

I am anywhere from chin length to shoulder length unstretched and APL-MBL straightened...

Roux

my shrinkage is average I suppose. I was really pissed off and mad because I thought I would be able to get a pony and i couldn't on damp hair until i realized that i could if my hair was sopping wet with conditioner that i have a decent sized pony. i'm probably ELish while wet and bordering almost SL stretched, i haven't straightened my hair yet.

lala89

My hair is shoulder lengthish when its curly. If I steam it I can get to apl curly. Straightened its hovering above waist length.

Nonie

Mine is about neck length when shrunken (about 2-3 inch afro) and about APL stretched which is what I'd think it'd be straightened. This pic sorta gives a visual:

Jewell

1.5" or so past APL while curly (the back/nape area hangs longer than the top/front as the curl is looser in the bottom half of my hair). I haven't straightened while fully natural/since my BC. However, when stretched by hand it is about BSL. I figure a really good press would get full BSL back, APL sides.

I hate shrinkage! :rolleyes:

softblackcotton

Hair in the front
Eyebrow length shrinkage
Chin length stretched

Hair on the side
Ear length shrinkage
2inch past collarbone stretched

Hair in back
Neck length shrinkage
~2in to APL stretched
I have uneven hair.
Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G using Long Hair Care Forum App

NikStarrr

My wash-n-gos are around shoulder/collarbone length--I always use a diffuser which makes it hang more. Straight, I'm MBL.

kittikat24

I'm noticing a recurring trend--many of you are SL curly, but APL/BSL/MBL straight.
This reminds me of the "how tall r u" thread because it shows that the distance past our shoulders to waist varies greatly..

I'm NL curly, and full APL straight, with my longer layers @ BSL.

Oasis

grabbing life by the pussy
i'm no longer natural but 3 inch fro when "curly" and BSL when straightened.