Naturals: How many times a week do you wash/cowash?

Jhuidah

I just simplified my routine some more. I have my water/glycerin spray and/or my conditioner that I use as a leave in. Add shea butter once a week. I 'wash' my hair once a week with castor oil.

Old routine: leave in stayed the same, but with shea butter added everyday but I would co-wash with conditioner and baking soda twice a week.

How do you do this?

acapnleo

Im just about fully natural... anyway, i am not sure of my texture, but i wash or cowash daily (every morning) with my shower. After rinsing, i reapply a healthy amount of conditioner as leave in (either aussie, pantene for woc., hsr.. whichever,), cantu butter, then vatika frosting or coconut oil, then i pile my hair loosely on top of my head... a couple of pics are in my fotki under curlies (must log into fotki to see)... this works well for me..:)

Last edited:

CarLiTa

I wanted to report that the honey/EVOO/coconut oil/cheap conditioner mix was AMAAAAZING!:grin:

I'm sad I attempted to follow up with another conditioner. I think that just rinsing it out was all I needed.

This past week, I have wet/co-washed daily. I don't think that will be feasible for me during the semester, especially as it gets colder (I am in Boston).

But I am also really style-challenged and unsure what to try:( I think twist updo's look really nice and I'd like to try those.

The only reason I have been cowashing daily is because my hair gets relatively dry by the next morning. I should be moisturizing at night, but with what?? How??

I'm really afraid of UNDER-moisturizing my hair and I'm looking into Hairveda, Oyin, and Jane Carter... along with some castor oil, jojoba oil, etc.
Sigh. need to make a list!

LivinMyLifeLikeItsGolden

I cowash daily. I think I am addicted to washing my hair. I look forward to washing my hair everyday.
I just got my Hairveda Shikakai Swirl Shampoo bar and I LOVE it. I want to shampoo my hair everyday.

pinkchocolatedaisy

I bc'd last summer & cowashed daily & dc 2x a week. FF 10 mos post bc & daily cowashing doesn't work anymore. I shampoo once a wk w/a shampoo bar (chagrin valley) & dc w/Jessicurl weekly deep treatment. I use Herbal Essences Hello Hydration as a leave in and seal with avocado butter. I put my hair in twists & rock a twistout 5-6 days. my hair stays moisturized through day 4 or 5. Depending on how dry it gets I might cowash on day 4 or 5, but usually I just add a tiny amt of HEHH and/or avocado butter to the dry parts only & wait until wash day (Sunday) & start the process all over again.

hth

Last edited:

PearlyCurly

I cowash everyday or every two days!

I have to or else:wallbash: My hair gets matted to my head, it feels dry, i either gets flakes or a sweaty oilyness(is that a words?:lachen:) in my scalp!

Since im able to get a full bun now, i usually co-wash and bun.

Dee Raven

When I first cut my hair, I cowashed daily, put in a leave in and aloe vera gel and went on my way. Now I rarely wng, so I wash once a week, can't really go longer than that, and if my ends get a little dry before I wash I'll spritz them with a mix I made of water, leave in and jasmine oil.