Naturals--- I need advice

Iluvsmuhgrass

Ladies (and gentlemen) I need some advice.

I have a head full of fine hair and my shrinkage is crazy uneven. I have several textures 3c-4a/b and the shrinkage is massive and...well.... :spinning: off. The perimeter of my hair is 4a, my crown is 4b, and my nape is a mix of 3c/4a. My 4a shrinkage is cool, my 4b shrinkage squats doooooooooown to the point that it looks like :look: well.... lower than the rest of my hair.... almost like I got beaned in the back of the head with a board :lol: (just flat) and my 3c just hangs. I have to coax it up (and pin it higher for it to blend in with the rest of my fro.)

Lately I've been doing more twist outs and wigging it. I tried the kccc now that my grass is longer and I looked like I had a bad curl. *sigh* :blush: :nono: :perplexed :ohwell:

With all of that said, I was thinking about having it shaped (what's the point of having alot of hair if you can't have fun with it?) but I'm concerned about the different textures (and scissor happy stylists).

I'm also toying around with the thought of adding color. But the horror stories of breakage and waning curl patterns as the hair gets longer freak me out. What should I do?

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
Maybe KCCC isn't the right product for you. I had to experiment with different curl enhancers to find the right one that worked for me. My hair regularly shrinks at least 50% (or more) of its length.

For me, I have found that the more I focus on getting moisture to my hair, the better it stays lengthened and my curls pop. Also, as I worked on my protein/moisture balance, the different textures have seemed to really calm down into pretty much two textures if not all one.

Iluvsmuhgrass

Maybe KCCC isn't the right product for you.

Thank you for responding! :yep:

I've been experimenting and this is the one I like the most thus far. I have a head full of random sized coilies but when it dries.... I feel like I need some soul glo. :lol:

I won't lie though, it feels really good. Soft and not crunchy.

nurseN98

Ayiti cherie
You might need a shape up if you plan to wear it natural for the most part. Other than that maybe you should experiment with different methods of applying your product to the different parts of your hair. I have the same problem so when i want to wear my hair down i have to put product on dripping wet hair on the parts that shrink up the most. Then i wrap it for a couple minutes and apply product to the parts that are more loose. It ends up a little more uniform that way.

Iluvsmuhgrass

Thanks so much! I've been wearing it natural alot lately. Low temp blow outs and twist outs mostly. My hair loves the moisture of the wng's but the look's a bit off for me. Definitely going to try your suggestion and perhaps using more product.

nikolite

That's a toughy. I also have multiple textures, but they are in places that I can work with. It's generally 3C on the top/front/nape and 4A in the back, so I always put a headband over the front part when I wore it out and that shortened the length of my curls on top to match the tighter ones in the back. The top part is also more wavy, so sometimes I had to curl that part artificially to blend in with the back. Since your nape may hang longer maybe pin up styles or puffs would do best for you.

The best thing to do is to wear twistouts, braidouts, or other types of sets that will stretch your hair to the same uniform length and make the texture look the same. In any case I would get the stylist to trim your hair evenly after a flat iron or rollerset. If you want to avoid heat they should also be able to trim evenly if you have your hair in box braids.