Naturals: Spirals, S-curls

Naturals: Do you have Spirals or S-curls? You can click more than one option.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

so1913

Don't really know type by numbers, but from the diagrams, I have a lot of s-curls at the top half of my hair, and spirals towards the back.

thetall1

I'm a 4a spiral/coil...yea, this is confusing...

ETA: I also noticed that the front & crown is s-curl/wave... and I have frizz x100! lol

Last edited:

la flaca

i have a little bit of everything; spirals, s-curls, weird backwards s-curls, lots of waves, coils and kinks. it's almost like every race that ever contributed to my family's gene pool is represented in some way on my head.

:yep: I think my hair will look like that too.

kurlybella

i'm a combo of both 4a spirals and s curls i think...*shrugs*

Last edited:

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
My texture seems to have changed since I don't use MTG anymore. I have no idea what my hair will look like when I BC.

phyl73

My hair is s wavy in the front and pin coils in the nape area, but I am able to make pin coils on the sides of my head as well. I think I'm 4a/4b. I think, yeah that's what I think.

trj1922

I have some of everythang up there. It is predominantly 3c s-curls, the next largest clump is 4a s-curls. Very small portions of my hair form spirals or coils of either 3c or 4a tightness. To me the s-curl is more like a tight wave pattern because it never makes a full revolution.

I agree with the earlier posts that 3c is a transitional kind of hair that YOU know when you have. It wasn't even part of the original "typing" system, but folks like me with hair that has properties that rest between 3b and 4a need that distinction because, if they are like me and grew up thinking of their hair as strictly kinky, they never found a reggie that worked and their hair was always a little off. 3c straddles the border of kinky and curly and those who possess it need to know type 3 and 4 hair care techniques to find their balance. I call it "trial and error" hair.

naturalgurl

Velvet, my hair idol! Who dug this thread up?
As my hair gets longer it seems to be doing more of an s curl thing. Oh, and I have 4a/b hair.

CaliDiamond

oops I forgot about this being for naturals only..but since I have been natural once before for 5 years I definitely know what's up.:yep:

Nasdaq_Diva

Ok, so I chose, 3c & 4a spirals but I think I'm wrong. The top of my crown is like 2b, it has relatively no texture to it at all..slight, slight wave. The middle (ear to ear) is like 3b/c wavies. Under that, is like 3c curlies/spirals. The the nape is like a 4a (a little bigger) than coffee stirrers though.

nzeee

i have a little bit of everything; spirals, s-curls, weird backwards s-curls, lots of waves, coils and kinks. it's almost like every race that ever contributed to my family's gene pool is represented in some way on my head. the sizes vary from tiny coils in the nape to even a few marker sized ones at the crown. pics in fotki:

Raw, no nuttin pics ....great thread i posted in over on NP. album | Gr2006/LynnieB | Fotki.com, photo and video sharing made easy.

dayam woman, you're not kidding about the bolded! i just saw your fotki. loved your puff btw; it looks super soft.

*/EDIT: this was on the 1st or 2nd page of the dashboard for some reason. didn't even realize i was responding to someone who posted over 2yrs ago!! it still stands tho; her hair was the most varied i've ever seen!

Last edited:

Moopeh

I have a weird head of hair. Overall I'd say 3c, but very soft bigger 3b curls at my nape, then the back of my head is a lot curlier, almost 4a the top of my head is a looser curl 3c but fluffly and right at the front of my head its a kinkier 3c/4a. Very odd

makeupgirl

my hair is a mixture of cork screw type spirals 3c/4a mixed. But it tells a different story when it's dry, then it's naps or beady beads as my mom likes to call them.

FebeeSigns

I have some 3c and 4 a s curls Some are looser and hang down more and some are tighter between the waves of S. My crown has a lot of 3c, as well as the back. My sides and middle are 4a, sometimes even some spirals. in the 4a areas. The 3c S curls are pretty thin looking, skinny, alot less then pencil width.

Last edited:

iri9109

3c/4a s curls w/ spirals and waves ...some one said i had some 3b in there...idk about that tho lol just looser 3c...i hate hair typing anyways

Qtee

I have 3b s curls in the front, 3c s curls and spiral and in the back underneath I think it 4a spirals..

LadyMacgyver

For the longest I thought I was 4a/b but after reading this chart from Nappturosity I think I am a 3c.. I have spirals/corkscrew very tinky ones.. I can blowdry my hair and there will still be some sprials that did not blowdry and I know I touched that area.. Not the easiest hair to blowdry.