Naturals: John Frieda Frizz-Ease

Happy2BNappy

I went out on Saturday with a twist out and came home with a FULL BLOW AFRO! The humidity caused my twist out to swell and expand! So someone told me about Frizz-Ease. I brought the product on Sunday but I haven't used it yet.. Has anyone with natural hair used it and did you success? I have such a hard time in the humid weather wearing my hair out. I just wear my hair twisted. I lose a great deal of length (about 3 or 4 inches) but atleast it still looks cute!! :weird:

I use it on my hair and my daughters hair. I'm relaxed she is not.
It works good, its just that its a small bottle and cause her hair is soo thick and natural she needs a lot of it.

sylver2 said:
I use it on my hair and my daughters hair. I'm relaxed she is not.
It works good, its just that its a small bottle and cause her hair is soo thick and natural she needs a lot of it.

So on your daughter's hair..you notices a difference?? Did you use any other product on her hair to style it? I think that is my main concern.....

Happy2BNappy said:
So on your daughter's hair..you notices a difference?? Did you use any other product on her hair to style it? I think that is my main concern.....

Oh yes I notice a difference. I use the xtra strength serum. Use it when the hair is wet. Rub on each section evenly especially on ends. Then I just use the same leave in I use. Rusk smoother.

ive used it....i cant recall that it actually did anything spectacular....i used it as a detangler cuz it made my hair SO easy to comb when i put it in...however, i have tons and tons of hair, so i only got like 4 uses outta that tiny little bottle....

i never used it for outs...

I used to use it for twists and didn't notice anything TOO special but it was OK I guess. Does it have silicones in it (drying)? Probably I would imagine.

I think a lot of people use the John Frieda the wrong way.. thats why I hear so many negative results about it. I don't use it to sit under the dryer and I don't use it as a regular serum or detangler.
I only use it soon as I get out of the shower while my hair is soaking wet, don't towel dry.
Section into about 6 pieces. Rub a quarter size amount on each piece all over.. especially the ends. Then use leave in co and immediately blowdry hair.

I've used the Wind Down Relax Créme and it worked great. I used the kind in the white bottle but the purple bottle is formulated for coarser hair...it helps to get the hair straight {you have to use it with a blowdryer and and brush}.

Back