Naturals! Where do you go to get your hair flat ironed?

pinkchocolatedaisy

Cause I can't do mine! It's too hard! :sad: I tried today after washing, doing a treatment with megatek, followed up with a moisturizing dc. I then left in LTR leave in and plopped my hair. After it was about 80% dry, I used the blow dryer for about 5 minutes on cool/low. Then I just left it alone for about an hour before trying to flat iron it. I put my flat iron on 250 (is that too hot or not enough).

I used Chi Silk Infusion before flat ironing it. Now let me just say first, my shrinkage is NO joke! My hair is longer than I thought it was. I only flat ironed about 1/4 of my hair b/c I was getting tired and frustrated and it was hot! :lachen::rolleyes: Ok, but seriously, The parts I did straighten were nice and silky looking and touched the top of my shoulders. So I thought I was doing good. But then the other side- or other parts- were looking kinda frizzy or poofy or like it didn't straighen at all :nono:

The whole back section I did just looked like a big poofy HAM!

So I ask, my natural sistas, where do you go to straighten your hair? Or more appropriately, I should ask what do you use??? Maybe I should let someone else do it? :look:

Jazzmommy

Hello there...

I can't straigthen either, but after reading two threads I think I'm going to have to figure it out on my own if I don't want to derail my progress:yep:

I would recommend that you check out these two ongoing natural threads as well:
"Straight Hair Natural's Support Thread" & "Naturals: WORST mistakes you ever made as a natural?"