Naturals who cut and shape while straight

justNikki

I'm natural and I'm growing my hair out. I'm planning on cutting my hair (to shape it up) in about 5 months, so, I'm on the stylist search. I'm fearful too, because I KNOW I'm not going to find someone who can cut afro coily/curly hair in my area, but I'm sure I can find someone who can cut my hair straight.

Are there any naturals out there who wear their hair coily/curly MOST of the time, but get their hair cut straight? Got pics of your hair in both states?

TIA

You shoudl check out so1913. She has great cut pics of her natural hair, and she says they always do it when it's blown out. I do get cuts when straight, but they're few and far between, and I don't have alot of pics of when it's straight. I do think you get a better cut when they do it on straight hair, if it's a cut you're looking for. if it's just trim I've found it doesn't mater as much. My stylist cuts on my wet hair coated with conditioner when she trims.

my stylist is very knowledgable about natural and relaxed hair. she suggested flat ironing my hair and cutting layers in so my hair would look good straight or curly... and she did an AWESOME job on the cut. i am going to see her again in September for a trim/shape-up. :grin:

you can check out my Fotki if you want, but i'll post a few pics to save you some time...

curly:
newavi.jpg

front straight:
haircut4.jpg

back straight:
haircut2.jpg

brushed out braidout fro:
baa2-vi.jpg

oooo i have been thinking i need layers so my hair will look foor straight of curly....

i am soo thinking of getting it done when i get some extra cash,,, Libra your hair looks NICE... love the cut both ways :)

Libra I loooooooooooove your grass!!! Girl you are beautimous! Thanks for making me smile. I saw that last fro pic and I went from this :) to this :grin:

yeah, I've been getting my hair trimmed either wet (I do it) or dry (stylist does it), so, it doesn't really seem to make that big of a difference, but since that's just a trim, I wasn't sure about the cut.

ladylibra, I adore your hair so much! Love how your shapes looks. I really like sol1913's too. I think I'm going to just look for a new stylist who can really CUT (at an angle).

Thanks ladies.

I'm natural and I'm growing my hair out. I'm planning on cutting my hair (to shape it up) in about 5 months, so, I'm on the stylist search. I'm fearful too, because I KNOW I'm not going to find someone who can cut afro coily/curly hair in my area, but I'm sure I can find someone who can cut my hair straight.

Are there any naturals out there who wear their hair coily/curly MOST of the time, but get their hair cut straight? Got pics of your hair in both states?

TIA

Me!!! Like others have already mentioned, my hair is always blown out to cut, but I wear it natural most of the time. I don't have many straight pictures as I VERY rarely straighten my hair, even when I get it cut, it's blown out just for the cutting and washed out afterwards. But it is cut so that it does fall nicely if I do decide to wear it straight :)

my stylist is very knowledgable about natural and relaxed hair. she suggested flat ironing my hair and cutting layers in so my hair would look good straight or curly... and she did an AWESOME job on the cut. i am going to see her again in September for a trim/shape-up. :grin:

you can check out my Fotki if you want, but i'll post a few pics to save you some time...

curly:
newavi.jpg

front straight:
haircut4.jpg

back straight:
haircut2.jpg

brushed out braidout fro:
baa2-vi.jpg

*in the voice of chris tucker* daaaaaaammmmmnnnn :shocked: :love: I LOVE YOUR HAIR!!!!!

Do us curly girls have to have layers? I 'd love to have one even length, but I was told that its best for people with curly hair to have layers...I really dont like the idea of having to straighten my hair to get it cut/trim..

Back