any NATURALS who wear STRAIGHT HAIR just becuase they look better?

kurlybella

...with the straight hair?

though i'm natural, i think i just look better with my hair straight. it's way more flattering to my face.
every hair style is not for everyone and i know this applies to natural hair as well and i look much better with my hair straight so i'm straight or semi straight 70% of the time. :yep: i'm trying to wear it curly more often, but for now, this works for me.

i always see naturals who post that they look better with their hair in it's curly/kinky state, but rarely the opposite.

Me!!!! I think I look better. More so than anything else, I just cannot style my natural hair and look cute like others do. I never found the right stylers (leave-in and/or gel), and I hated those damn knots! It was annoying.

Both.... I like to rock my natural mostly and have straight occasionally

I feel the same way. I've been getting my hair straigtened more lately because I think it just looks better on me than the afro.

...with the straight hair?

though i'm natural, i think i just look better with my hair straight. it's way more flattering to my face.
every hair style is not for everyone and i know this applies to natural hair as well and i look much better with my hair straight so i'm straight or semi straight 70% of the time. :yep: i'm trying to wear it curly more often, but for now, this works for me.

i always see naturals who post that they look better with their hair in it's curly/kinky state, but rarely the opposite.

Right here. I am transitioning and I have tried to wear my hair in it's natural state and to me I look better with straight hair. It just fits my style even though I rarely wear it down I just like the sleek polished look when pulled back in a clip. I'm only going natural because relaxers SIGNIFICANTLY weaken my hair strands so I gave them up for strong hair without all of the extra involved rituals it would take to keep my relaxed hair on my head. I alternate between flat ironing and blow drying. I plan on being a straight natural. There are plenty of them out there maybe not on this board though...:ohwell:

My opinion changes with my mood and/or wardrobe. There are certain looks that I think look better with straight hair. Like if I'm going to cocktail party or any important after 5 PM event I prefer to have straight hair. But if I'm going to the beach, for example, I think my natural hair looks better.

I feel the same way. I've been getting my hair straigtened more lately because I think it just looks better on me than the afro.
I just looked in your fotki, your hair is gorgeous!

But i have to ask, what do you use to straighten your hair, it's amazing! The only time I've tried to straighten my hair it looked really thirsty and stiff.

i do! but i think its harder to keep my hair up and retain length when its straightened.

stuck btwn a rock and a hard place.

Different styles for different occasions. I can make my nappy hair work for anything. Dressy occasion, headed to school, church event. Anything. Now I can't wear all nappy hair styles to anything. Like my twist are a NO GO for anything special..I look too relaxed and just "COMFORTABLE". lol.

Usually if I am going somewhere nice I do a nappy kinky updo. I just look gorgeous. And that's what I've been wearing these last few days on the strength. I am moving out of wearing my hair in its shrunken state. Too many knots and I am going for length. I want armpit length hair..my first goal.

Straight hair is cute too. I don't look better though. Sometimes just being gorgeous, like in my case, transcends hairstyles. :grin:

i look different. not necessarily "better". Ive been told with curly hair that I can pass for 16 and my straight hair makes me look my age.

I don't straighten right now. My hair is at such a weird length, I don't think it would look all that good straight. When it grows out a little more I think it could look nice straight. I'm fine with my naps for now.

Back