Naturals: will you EVER go back to a relaxer?

Are you natural forever?

• Yes. I will never relax my hair again, ever.

Votes: 373 84.4%
  • No. I will relax at some point in the future.

Votes: 69 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ZkittyKurls

I am never going back! I am natural and will be 6 months post bc. I havent even had the incling to relax my hair, because my hair was a HAM:nono: when i was relaxed. I just had so many negatives with a relaxer. And granted, I did not find hair forums until i started transitioning and probably couldve had healthier relaxed hair if i did.

But, I was tired and hadnt seen my true texture for years...new growth with a relaxer doesnt compare to what my natural texture looks and feels like all over. I was tired of the breakage, the burning sensation, i didnt mind the scabs, just picked em...(dont judge me):look: lol. And the 60 dollars every 6 weeks for a perm along with a trim. My hair always stayed NL.:sad:

Today my hair is past SL and hopefully be APL by the end of the year. My hair makes me happy and keeps money in my pockets. My PJism is still cheaper than paying 60 bucks every other month. :yep:

Since I have been natural, I've learned how to trim my own hair, importance of moisture, how to style and properly blowdry and straighten my hair w/o heat damage. Probably because i care more about my curls that i will do any and everything i can to keep them protected, which didnt happen to me when i was at the salon and my hair was relaxed.

Oh and i hated being in the salon for HOURS for something that only takes 2!!

fluffyforever

I don't think that I will ever get one again. I've been natural for 4 years now, and I just don't see the need to use relaxers for me. If I want a sleek style, I will wear a wig or flat iron my hair. Otherwise, my twists and buns will do me just fine. When I was relaxed, I wore a low ponytail everyday. I don't really think I care about styling, I just ,care about length, thickness, and heatlh. Don't need a relaxer for the things I want.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using SPH-D700

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I am slowly changing my mind about relaxing my hair. I just love playing in my hair. I brought my hair magazine which featured many relaxed styles and none of them moved me to want to relax at all. Maybe this is it for me. I am loving my 2 strand twists and wash n go. If I ever did go back to chemicals, it would be a texturizer that I'd retouch once a year.

candycotton

I don't see myself going back to relaxers but I would hate to say never..if I get tired of my natural hair I think I will become a straightened natural at most, maybe air dry and flat iron every 2 weeks..I still think for me that would be more healthy than relaxing because when I was relaxed, I was blow drying and flat ironing my hair every two weeks anyway even though I was still relaxing every 2 months or so..but I don't even see myself doing that anytime soon, I like my kinks and if I want a different look, I'll just throw on a wig

Damaged but not out

Im too cheap to go back, currently I have uses for that $500-$600 a yr.

Every time I think about it I remember things like rent, car insurance, electricity etc....