Has the standard been raised?..

greenandchic

When I did a blow out this summer, two white acquaintances mentioned my "long hair" casually, and I was like, :huh: It was BSL and even I didn't think it was that long. :lol:

When I wear buns, its all over - especially when I go to a BSS or anywhere, LOL. My buns get the unicorn stare (its bigger now than in the sig pic).

Sugar

When I first start my hair journey I thought I wanted to get to BSL and stop (never mind the fact that I can't seem to figure out the appropriate place for BSL on me). Then I changed it to MBL. Now I want WL. So definitely in my case the standard has changed.

genesislocks

yeah its only in the online world bc in real life apl is the sheeit! :lol: also as you achieve your goals and get longer hair, all the lengths you surpass dont seem so long to you anymore. when i was apl i dreamed of bsl, and once i reached mbl bsl wasnt such a big deal to me,but only because i surpassed it. But trust and believe i will drool over healthy shoulder length hair any day!

LOL :lachen: I remember when BSL was the holy grail too. Now it seems normal, especially since I feel like I'm being spoiled by LHCF.

RENIBELL

My Personal standard has moved, as i met my goals and now waist and hip is long to me. Now though i get people of all ethnicities tell me i have long hair while at Apl it was mainly black folks :grin: