Naturals with thick hair....

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
How the heck do u get your hair to stay in a style?:confused: I've tried gel, hair butter, beeswax....and I still can't get my twists to stay.:( My natural hair is just too darn thick to do much of anything.:lol: Please give me your styling tips, please.:D

MrsQueeny

I put my hair in small twists while soaking wet with the twisting lotion. I will find the name but it is in a white tub with a purple top. Then I set it for a few minutes under the dryer. Q

kristina

Not sure what thickness has to do with it... it may just be your texture. Looser textures (naturally occurring or otherwise) don't tend to stay in twists as well as kinky hair times.

Cheleigh

One-half of my hair is uber thick, and I can twist it and it stays. Maybe you're twisting too big, as someone mentioned. Alternatively, maybe you can pay to get your twists done and watch closely to see how they do it. Maybe you're style challenged because you're missing a step somewhere in the process. :confused:

bettytoo

I use the good old dryer.its work's for me .it stetch out my hair really well.And my mum can braid it

LipGlassHoney

queeny20 said:
I put my hair in small twists while soaking wet with the twisting lotion. I will find the name but it is in a white tub with a purple top. Then I set it for a few minutes under the dryer. Q
I think you're talking about Organic Root Stimulator's Lock and Twist Gel.

I have very thick hair and I agree with everyone that has said that you need to make them smaller.

Gryphyn

LipGlassHoney said:
I think you're talking about Organic Root Stimulator's Lock and Twist Gel.

This is what I use and I think it does a great job. But when my hair was shorter my twists wouldn't stay if I did them the same size I do them now. IA with the other posters, if your hair is shorter you may need to do them smaller.