Air Dry| Fine, Medium - Thick, & Coarse Hair Types

TamaraShaniece

Ayurvedic Life
Ladies how do you air dry then style your hair and what is your hair density?
--------------------------------------
Complex Questions:

Does Chaka Khan have "Medium-Thick / 3B" hair?

Does Diana Rose have "Fine / 4a" hair? Is that possible?

My edges are "fine, 3B" is it safe to PS using wigs w/ clips?

Is it safe to air dry, soaking wet hair in ponytails or other tension methods?

Please answer any questions you can. Opinions, thoughts, experiences are all needed. =D

Last edited:

Fine 4s

Ladies how do you air dry then style your hair and what is your hair density?

I style and airdry. My styles are very limited to twists and buns mainly.
I've never re-styled after drying unless it's blow dried.

--------------------------------------
Complex Questions:

Does Chaka Khan have "Medium-Thick / 3B" hair?
It's tough to determine the circumference of her strands so can't call if they are fine, medium or coarse but she def. has thick hair (referring to the density). In the pics that I've seen she can be a combed out 4a IMO.

Does Diana Rose have "Fine / 4a" hair? Is that possible?
Same for her and maybe 3c.

My edges are "fine, 3B" is it safe to PS using wigs w/ clips?
Anything 'fine' is always going to be less strong as the strands have a smaller circumference. But what do your edges have to do with the wigs and clips? Are you attaching something in the front? Or where the cap rests? Can you explain further?

Is it safe to air dry, soaking wet hair in ponytails or other tension methods?
Some people don't like airdrying because their hair feels rough so it's up to you and your porosity to determine that. If it's wet and stretched it will dry that way, it it's wet and not stretched to it's max then you won't get the tension needed.

Please answer any questions you can. Opinions, thoughts, experiences are all needed. =D

HTH! 10 characs

EnExitStageLeft

TheEspressoHair

I have type 4 BABY fine strands and a high density and I airdry using the banding method all the time:

How it looks when I band:
20121202_23_43_45-vi.jpg

How it looks after being stretched out: (My hair is 50% dry in this pic)
a37QxsAUwVVaDkDCiY63gV18B9oRIM-vi.jpg

For me personally, air drying with my hair loose cause tangles and for me one tangle can encourage a boat load of knots. Banding keeps my hair from intertwining together and it also helps stretch my new growth which is a god send during a stretch.

HTH's:)

TamaraShaniece

Ayurvedic Life
Fine 4s

If I wear a wig just for a couple hours when going out to the club, the claws that are in the wig to secure it on your head I feel would be too much tension on fine hair. If its tender for me for a couple hours, idk if it would be damaging to wear a wig to reach BSL from APL. I've read that some ladies wig it to reach longer hair lengths.

Fine 4s

Ah! I don't wear wigs but I wish I could find one that I like :{
If it makes your scalp sore etc. yeah, chances are it can cause some kind of damage.
I'd seek out the wig wearers for clarity...
HTH!