Nay I saw your recent photos.....

fancypants007

and your hair is absolutely breautiful. It seems that it is longer than the other photo you had. How long does it take you to press your hair? I want to try pressing my own hair around July 8th because I have a special function I will be attending for 3 days and I want to wear my hair out. Most of my friends have never seen all of my hair because i either wear braids or wigs. I know there will be many people that will be absolutely shocked at how long my hair is. I'm not good at pressing my hair but I'm willing to try. I have already purchased the ultra sheen satin press that irresistible recommended (because I don't want the humidity thing going on and sweat my hair out) and I also purchased a Kentucky Maid pressing comb that has slightly spaced teeth. How long did it take you to perfect pressing your hair. It looks so straight and shiny and pretty. I hope mine looks as pretty. I'm going to work at conditioning and taking care of my hair these next 4 months because I'm hoping to get at least 3-4 inches more. If my hair looks as pretty as yours Nay, then you will not be able to tell me nothing! I will be strutting around, throwing that white girl toss all over the place, (kidding of course; at least about the white girl toss)

Hey, Fancypants:

Thanks for the compliment. I've been pressing my hair FOREVER. You kind of learn as you go. Make sure that you always test the comb's heat on a towel before you put it in your hair. You'd rather burn a towel than have your hair burned out!!

I never really press my hair super-duper straight because I actually like it to look a little big. But even then, it still takes my a good couple hours to do it.

You sound like you are all set as far as your tools. Just keep on conditioning your hair and giving it lots of care, and I'm sure you will WOW everybody in July
smile.gif

There's a link somewhere with tips on pressing hair. I'll look for it and post it later today if I find it.

I like your ponytail with the scrunchie in the middle of the length. About how often do you press your hair, Nay?

nay i loveeeee your hair!!! i have your album saved as one of my favorites. how often do you trim your hair?? and press it??

I don't know why I'm always surprised when I visit your album. It's like seeing it for the first time....every time. Your hair is unreal. Beautiful.

Thanks, prettybrowneyes!

You guys always say the sweetest things.

Serena, I try to only press my hair maybe once every five weeks or so. Usually I wear my braidout styles.

Bree, I swear just yesterday I was looking at your album and thinking how pretty your hair is
smile.gif
I trim my hair only when it needs it. If I start to see split ends or too many of those single-strand hair knots, then I'll trim it.

Supergirl, you know I'm a fan of your hair. But you need to slow down that growth so the rest of us can catch up
grin.gif
We want to be "Supergirls" too.

Thanks, Shelli. What a nice compliment
Rose.gif

I checked out the updates too. Nay has been an inspiration. She has beautiful hair, she takes very good care of it and like most of the ladies here, she is very generous with her advices! Go Nay!

Because of her, I bought the K-cutter and I absolutely LOVE IT! I also tried braidouts for about 1 week and took some pictures. Came out great! I'll update my album for all to see in a couple of weeks.

Awesome hair! Your hair looks so healthy, and I am so excited that I can look forward to that type of hair as my natural hair continues to grow.

Thanks again, everybody. Y'all know how to make a sister's day!!!

Jessy, you hurry up and post those pics. You know inquiring minds wanna see
grin.gif

And I think because of me, you, and Irresistible, K-Cutter combs have gained quite a bit of popularity around here
smile.gif

How on earth did I manage to miss your updated braid out pics???? They look fantastic. These days I'm getting so many ideas from you natural ladies that I spend all my time daydreaming about all the things I'm going to do when I get my natural texture back...
drunk.gif

Just simply beautiful Nay, you keep things simple and your growth and the health of your hair, is phenomenal. and you have the prettiest eyes to match all that lovely hair I meant to post on that other thread about you always having been natural , i feel so blessed to have reached almost 11 years now, but man i cant help but to wish i would of never relaxed all of those years before that, cause my hair was in bad bad shape for years. your so lucky you never went through that drama..... I love your site and your pics girl, i wish you had a fotki site too *hint hint*

Thanks, babyblue.

Anky, you are too funny. I started to call myself Gossamer like the character, but decided to go with my nickname my momma gave me
grin.gif

Hey, I got your pm. So your old hair grease was Blue Magic, huh? Woo, I forgot about that one. Girl, you know somebody somewhere is still using that stuff and Royal Crown!!

Were folks acting crazy in Louisianna earlier this week?

Back