need braiding help

Blackoutzangel05

Okay so after seeing a few ladies here talk about their first time braiding their own hair and seeing the glorious fotki pictures...I want to try it! However, I am going to need some major help here ladies...I can barely cornrow, french braid, however I can plait. Where their sites that you visited or was it trial and error? Any advice is greatly appreciated!

loveable37

This my real hair (no extension)i just made a lots of plaits, along with some hair beads for decoration .

I used any kinda weave it will have my hair so dry/tangle up so bad it caused me to cut my hair so i lightly plait my hair up it came out like this os when i take it down it so much easlier ,and less damagin.

BonBon

Okay so after seeing a few ladies here talk about their first time braiding their own hair and seeing the glorious fotki pictures...I want to try it! However, I am going to need some major help here ladies...I can barely cornrow, french braid, however I can plait. Where their sites that you visited or was it trial and error? Any advice is greatly appreciated!

If you are talking about cornrows there are instructional videos by users at you tube, are you talking about cornrows or singles?

Kookie

I bought a mannequin head to practice on--as I couldn't braid worth a darn either! I'm a lot better now! :yep:

I also purchased a braid DVD How-to....while transitioning.
That at least allowed me to clearly visualize finger positioning and the overall general concept.

I believe (NOT SURE) that growafrohairlong.com has a [free] braiding tutorial on there. I have not checked it out myself tho!

remnant

Crown and Glory site : www.growafrohairlong.com has a tutorial about braids with extensions I learned to do it there

You can click here: http://www.growafrohairlong.com/braidreg.html

Last edited:

Blackoutzangel05

I want to do individuals and last night I was trying to visualize how to get the braid started and that is where I drew a blank...I am checking out the websites and I checked you tube yesterday, well last night so I might have to go back and try it again........

Thanks Ladies!

Braided~Beauty

I tought myself to braid by first practicing on a babydolls head years ago. The video on growafrohairlong is very good too, I'm not sure why it is not working:ohwell:

EDT- it looks like shes exceeded her transfers(?) for the month - does that mean you can view it next month? If so thats only a few days from now

Last edited: