Need Feedback on my Regimen

bajanplums1

Hi Ladies,

Can you guys tell me in your opinion if I am missing something from my regimen? Any advice is appreciated.

SHAMPOO
* Nexxus Botanoil Poo or Back to Basics Clarifying Poo

CONDITIONER (in order of Frequency of Use)
* Salerm Wheat Germ Mask/Alterego Coconut Conditioning Mask
* Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner
* St. IVes Strengthening Conditioner, Pear & Vitamin E
* DRC 28
* Nexxus Epitome
* DPR-11

LEAVE IN
* Moitions Nourish

Moisturizers (is it too oil heavy??)
* QP Elasta Mango Butter
* CD Some of Margurite;s Magic
* Essential Fatty Acids Oil Concentrate
*Coconut oil
* QP Elasta Recovery

Shatani

are you saying you use all those products at the same time, or are you choosing one from each section for each time you use??? and are you relaxed or natural?

ETA: im particularly talking about the moisturizers

Last edited:

bajanplums1

with the conditioners i pick & choose but i do not use more than 2 at a time. i use one poo per wash, but I use ALL the moisturixers @ once by mixing them at my hand. I have relaxed hair.

CarLiTa

HI, I think you're missing a part of your regimen. You should mention the condition of your hair and how often you're going to wash it and what you will do to it after it's washed, and how you're going to style it. That should be part of the regimen too. I think oil moisturizers are good, especially if you have dry hair, because they're what keeps the hair moisturized.

BAILEYSCREAM

CarLiTa said:
HI, I think you're missing a part of your regimen. You should mention the condition of your hair and how often you're going to wash it and what you will do to it after it's washed, and how you're going to style it. That should be part of the regimen too. I think oil moisturizers are good, especially if you have dry hair, because they're what keeps the hair moisturized.

This is true.

bajanplums1

CarLiTa said:

thanks for your response--what do you think i am missing? I have relaxed hair that I wash 1x -2x a week, at least 3 days apart. I usually wear a pony tail or a bob, I usually put it in rollers everynight & rollerset to dry after a wash.

My hair starts to break at 7-8 weeks of post relaxer, the first 6 weeks are like heaven--no breakage, smooth cuticle etc. i find that I have to get extra oily at 8 weeks post. I relax every 10-12 weeks. Next relaxer is end of April.

baglady215

If your hair is breaking 7-8 weeks post, you should possibly relax at that time instead of stretching 3-4 more weeks. Are you successfully stopping the breakage?