Need help- a little worried

Hil84figer

Here's my story. I just got a relaxer last wednesday. Everytime I comb it, little hairs are left on my comb, I guess this means my hear is breaking. My hair is naturally thick. I use Do Gro for my roots and motions cream to run through my hair. I put rollers in it every night. I also use a hair bonnet. Is it normal or okay for hair to be on your comb after you comb it. Does that mean your hair isn't healthy. Does the weather play a part? What can I do to prevent breakage?

This always happens to my hair, even since I was younger. I am just questioning the healthiness of it as my reading other posts on the forum

I also workout Mon, Wed, and Fri and plan on running more on an extra day. The thing is I wrap my hair durring my workout and put a scarf around it. When it dries after the sweat, I noticed that my hear is not as straight or thin like before. It is more thick at the ends and fuzzy. Don't wash my hair every week because of time constraints, not have the time really to wash is properly. I go to my hairdresser every two weeks. Is this okay. Do I really have to wash my hair every week. I never did before. I want it grow. Last year my hear broke off in the back. I had shoulder length hair with a inch past my shoulder. After a while my hear was treated and made more stable. Then I put braids in my hair and my hair really grew. It has grown in back. but i don't notice the growth anywhere else. What can i do? Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

beyondcute

What kind of scarf are you using? Sometimes a cotton scarf will break hair. Also if youre combing it down in the morning, back up to work out, back down for the rest of te day and then back up again at night, your hair may not like all that manipulation.

kizzylonghair

Hello Hil,

First of all it looks like your a :newbie: WELCOME!!!

It will take a while to get your hair to a state that its not breaking and its healthy. This is what this forum is for. When I started here my hair was a MESS:confused: .

What you need to do is get a regime going and start expermienting with what products that may help you. Everyone is different.
You may want to read DSD Guide to starting Out its in this forum.

Just from reading you post I can see a few things that maybe causing you problems, Not washing your hair every week- Please remember we use the term WASH very lightly in here. You could try condition washes or add oils.
The aim of the game is to get moisture back in your hair!!!
Through Good quality cons, leave in's and moisturisers.

Rollers in everynite - Can add extra tension on your tresses

Your choice of products may be a problem ?

Are you using any protein?

Was your hair looked after when you had braids in it, taken out properly?

What relaxer did you use, Was it applied properly?

I could go on all day, You get my drift there are many factors. You really need to examine what you are doing... Are you doing more harm than good.

Have you read Cathy Howse book on hair growth its a good starting point.

Sorry there isnt a one word answer to your question, there isnt.
I am more than happy to help you get started if you want :lol:

Have a look at my album, I have been here

Kizzy