Need Help Finding Long Human Hair Extensions

Nonie

Hi everyone! I'm a
here and cannot begin to tell you my excitement at finding this board. I've learned so much in less than a week! Bless you all for sharing.

I wear my natural hair in single (micro) braids/extensions which I do myself and so far have managed to grow my hair to 7 inches in the shortest part and 9 inches in the longest. I prefer to use 100% human hair extensions since I can achieve different looks with it (straight, wavy, bob, etc) plus it's lighter than synthetic hair pieces. The extensions I have in my hair now are about 22" or 24" long when not folded. I usually fold them exactly in half when putting them in so that I wind up with half the length. (I do know some people don't fold the hair piece exactly in the middle in order to achieve a longer do, but I like to keep the width even all through, hence my method.)Before my hair grew to what it is now, I had ample extension hair left beyond my own to play around with (heatwise) to create a bob-like style when I chose. Now I'm afraid to use any heat since my hair end is so near the end of the extensions. So far, I haven't been able to find a supplier of human hair extensions longer than 24" -- not even on the Web. I'm sorta seeking 26" (I don't ask much now, do I? LOL) Any suggestions you can come up with will be greatly appreciated. I promise I won't ask for lengths greater than this even when I achieve my 13" goal. (ahem)

Oh colorwise, I prefer #2 or #1B and I don't care what texture the hair is as long as it's 100% human hair.

Thanks in advance.

Leshia

Hey Nonie, welcome to the board!
I think that you're going to have to settle for bending the hair only about an inch and a half down or so and then braiding to get the length you're looking for. You may just have to achieve your thickness though adding many more braids than usual. Why can't you just do the deep wave human hair and just let it be curly without using the heat? When I'm braided, I use a variety of clips and barrettes and so forth to give myself some versatility...

Nonie

Thanks Leshia for the warm welcome and your response. I guess that's the only way to go.

As for your suggestion to use the deep wave human hair... It doesn't matter what human hair I use, straight or wavy, the part of the braid that is mixed in with my hair always comes out straight. When I had shorter hair, the extension hair would retain its original texture because my hair wouldn't be braided right through it but my Type 4A/4B hair (natural) seems to kinda rule the braid these days. Another reason for that may be because I try to make sure each single braided section of my hair has only as much extension hair as it is thick to minimize the strain on my hair due to weight. Which perhaps prevents the additional hair from standing out more. In other words, my "micro" braids are not the very tiny ones that almost look like strands of hair, nor are they so many closely packed ones; they are each about a 1/4-inch in thickness...half being my hair and half the extention piece. I AM able to achieve the wavy look though, regardless of the type of hair piece I use (and that's why I'm not picky about the texture). I just put the braids into two cornrows on either side of my head when wet (a style that is neat/nice enough to wear to work) and then wear the braids out when dry the following days. I only use heat (curling iron to be precise) at the extension ends when wearing it straight and want to create a bob-look or to create spirals at the end of my straight braids for a different look.

I will have a go at the one-inch fold idea and see how that looks. If it doesn't make the bases look too thick and the rest of my braids conspicuously thinner (extension ratio being 4 parts at base to 2 parts in upper section) then I will once again be able to get away with curling "my hair" with heat.
Otherwise I will simply have to learn to make do with just straight all through or wavy, and come up with more creative ways to wear that.

fancypants007

Hi Nonie,

You can go to hisandher.com to find human hair extensions that are longer than 24" but it will cost you. I want to
order some of there water wave human hair and they do have a clearance section. I think there hair is one of the best. I hope this helps.

A

AmilLion

If you live in Manhattan, there is a store on 125th street that sells 30" Yaki bulk hair.

Nonie

Thank you soooo much for your suggestions.

AmilLion, I don't live in NY but I'll keep that in mind just in case I'm ever that way.

Fancypants...hugs galore! That website was da bomb! I called them and learned that 26" is their most common length, and to my absolute thrill, they stock nothing but human hair. Woo hoo! I even got a little education as a bonus!!! Got to learn about "Italian Mink" which I embarrassed to say I've never come across before in all my years of braiding. It just doesn't come cheap! Made everything else look cheap. LOL But really, I will be happy with just good ol' human hair. Maybe one day I can treat myself to the Italian Mink. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

mly3e

The comb is stuck.
[ QUOTE ]
If you live in Manhattan, there is a store on 125th street that sells 30" Yaki bulk hair.

[/ QUOTE ]
OOOOOO
! Which one?????