Securing human hair extensions...

tippy75

For those of you that have gotten human hair extensions before, how were the ends secured so that they did not unravel? I am giving them a try today for the first time and need that little tid bit of information. ALso, what length of hair would you recommend for someone with around shoulder length hair?

carmend

my braids were secured by either tieing a small knot at the end (using the extensions or by putting a dab of nail glue on the end. i generally used the 1st method for curly hair and 2nd for str8 hair.. for obvious reason u want to make sure that the braid is at least 2 inches longer than ur real hair. when doing braids i would recommend getting bulk hair no shorter than 18 inches long...

cyninmon123

Human hair is the best for braids. The braider tied my braids in a knot, it didn't damage my hair after removing them. The knot is tied with the weave hair not your human hair.

tippy75

Yep, I struggled through 3 days and did my own braids. They don't look as professional as they would have had I gone to a braider, but they look good enough for me to be getting compliments on them so I am quite proud of myself. I was kinda nervous about going to a braider because I didn't want to end up getting mad and walking out or something because they would not follow my directions regarding pulling on my hairline so I just bit the bullet and did them myself. I have had them for 3 weeks and plan on touching up my edges and wearing them probably another 3 weeks. I want to at least keep them long enough to feel like I got my money's worth out of this expensive human hair. I am doing everything I can to keep my hands and heat out of my hair and this is working. I hate not being able to comb my hair, but the good thing about it is that I am able to Surge everyday like I really want to. I am hoping to have 1-1.5 inches by the time I take them out.