Need help-Long to Short, Relaxed to Natural

janiebaby

Ok, I haven't had a relaxer since Dec. 1 (?). I also have long hair and I have been thinking about getting my hair cut. Not really a big chop because I still would want a straight look especially for short hair.

Now, I was thinking about getting sewn in weaves (full wigs don't work for me) to use during my grow out phase. My hair does well when I wash my hair often, I've gone without washing my hair for awhile and I was cool but my hair does better with frequent washes.

So, I'm wondering if I can get a sewn-in weave and take it out after three weeks and reuse the tracks? Then go for another three weeks and then get fresh hair and start all over again? I wouldn't be getting a long weave just a short bob.

Can this be done????

poetist

It depends on the quality of hair. Some regular BSS brands are so cheap, that it's be better to just get new tracks. But some BSS brands and special order hair are known for being of such high quality that they can be used, washed, and reused for months.

malibu4590

Hey Janie...

Remember the curly hair I wore to the meet-up? That was a full sew-in with Kanubia synthetic hair. I just took it out on Sunday after four weeks and I could've gone another two but I was scared for my hair underneath. I have a big head so it took two packs to use for $9.99 each. I actually just purchased 2 more packs, split the wefts this time and got it re-done yesterday and ended up using one and a quarter packs. I'll post pics when I get home if you'd like to see.

I think what you're looking to achieve is attainable. Check out Hairtown in Cedarbrook Mall if you haven't already. That way you can chose the proper hair for your tastes and your wallet.

janiebaby

For some reason I thought the hair would cost a whole lot more. In that case, I'll just get a fresh pack. Thanks ladies!