Protective Styling for short (relaxed) Hair

Bliss806

I am currently wearing tracks and would like to take them out and start wearing protective styles. Does anyone have any suggestions for protective styling with short hair? I was thinking of wearing weave ponytails however, that requires gel which I don't think is good.

complexsimplicity

how a/b full wigs, sew in's, or individual braids? i see that you mentioned tracks. i'm guessing you already had a sew in. you could try rollersets or straw sets. you won't have to comb your hair all week. I'm about to get a lacefront wig. I plan to hide my hair the entire time until my s.o. gets back from his deployment in june. i should definitely be able to retain some length this way. hth

trenise

If you go to the Hairveda site, you will see some products there you can use instead of gel that will still help your hair to lie flat. I've personally used the "Gelly" and that does a good job, especially on freshly relaxed hair. They have some other gel substitutes also. If you don't want to do that, then rollersets are another good idea. That's what I'm doing with my hair today in tiny tiny curls. It looks like a 'fro. This lasts for as long as I want it to, I don't have to comb it, and it is off my shoulders and neck.

Black Hoya Chick

gel is actually fine as long as you use a good amount of a good moisturizer and/or conditioner underneath it. i also seal the moisture in before i add the gel