Need help - moved from tropics to cold climate

BlackMarilyn

Hello ladies,

I used to frequent this forum years ago in the days of Supergirl and BrownRelaxedHair and this website helped me so much. I successfully got my hair from being stuck at shoulder length to past BSL by doing the daily rinsing/washing/co-washings, etc...and giving up heat.

My problem now is, I used to live in the Caribbean and having my hair wet and in a bun all the time was easy but last year I moved to London and I am completely lost. :( . I started blowdrying and flat ironing and my hair was just breaking up. I tried going back to air-drying and it kind of worked for a while but I eventually got sick cuz its "winter".

I need help in that I dont know how to take care of my hair in this climate. I feel as though I should cut it and start over but I cant seem to even find a good hair salon or not sure where to look. I'm in north london btw.

Can anyone give me any advice? products? salons? general haircare? It will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance :)

edit: btw, i had to start relaxing my hair on my own since i moved up here. i'm a 4a/b. relaxed hair, between shoulder and bsl.