need help with hair

akira

I have a problem with my hair. After I wash my hair I either air dry it or (poorly) wrap it and sit under the dryer. But it never fails me every time my hair drys it gets frizzy at the ends therefore I have to use a flat iron to get my hair looking straight again, even though I know that flat irons are not good. Ive tried John Fredia's frizz ease serum, but it did nothing for me. I just need a couple of suggestions on what to do to keep my hair from frizzing up when it drys.I want to stop using the flat iron but I cant because I dont know any other alternative way to get my hair straight My hair is relaxed Im not sure what type it is. thanks

DatJerseyDyme

I am having the same problem, so I would love any suggestions as well, but I believe that using direct heat on your hair so often is only going make things worse in the long run!

My problem is that after I air dry, my hair looks smooth, but the ends look fuzzy...I don't use heat (any more), I usually let it air dry and put it in a bun. And I don't have split ends or anything..just frizzy hair!

NAPPtural

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
akira said:
I have a problem with my hair. After I wash my hair I either air dry it or (poorly) wrap it and sit under the dryer. But it never fails me every time my hair drys it gets frizzy at the ends therefore I have to use a flat iron to get my hair looking straight again, even though I know that flat irons are not good. Ive tried John Fredia's frizz ease serum, but it did nothing for me. I just need a couple of suggestions on what to do to keep my hair from frizzing up when it drys.I want to stop using the flat iron but I cant because I dont know any other alternative way to get my hair straight My hair is relaxed Im not sure what type it is. thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have a relaxer in my hair anymore so I don't know how valuable my advice will be to you..but last month when I was looking for info on the net about hair steamers I came across I think a flat iron/or curling iron to straighten your hair using steam. (mosit heat). I can go back and search for you if you want more info. Just let me know. I really didn't read all of it but it had said about straighten your hair without damage like regular heating tools.

~Napptural~

ngaa

akira wen was yo last hair trim coz it cud that your hair ends jus need a trim
or it cud be that they need to be moisturised coz my hair always looks frizzy wen dry

akira,

For a very very long time I suffered from frizzy ends. No product, no gel/serum etc would stop it and I finally got to realize it was because of the curling irons I used every week to try and create smooth ends.

I found out via this board and a girlfriend that rollar setting can achieve smooth hair from root to tip. All you have to do of course is practise
Get the smooth magnetic rollars, the ones with holes in and start doing rollarsets.

I find certain hair techniques/products for me, helps aid the smoothing. For example, I used to wash my hair tilted forward, washing hair upside down in the bath, kneeling outside the bath tub but now I wash it while taking a shower with water going in the same direction as the hair cuticles. When drying hair, don't rub it with a towel, just squeeze out the water and do the rollar set. I find putting serum on the ends before doing rollars ensures smooth ends. I like Keracare Silken Seal or Lanza Protecshine. Using a rats tail comb helps keep the ends straight. Make sure the hair lies completely flat and smooth on each rollar. The way the hair lies on the rollar is how it will dry. After drying (I use a soft bonnet), wrap in a silk scarf. I do this overnight. The next day take the hair down and see what you get

No matter what products I experimented with while using irons, the frizzed ends stayed, even if the hair was trimmed.

akira

thanks that would be great if you could give me the site. Because I need all the help I can get

NAPPtural

akira said:
thanks that would be great if you could give me the site. Because I need all the help I can get

[/ QUOTE ]

Straight &amp; Shine Steam Straightener
Tell Me what you think.
If you do get it post your results....

Hope this Helps

~Napptural~

sweetcocoa

brownrelaxedhair said:
akira,

For a very very long time I suffered from frizzy ends. No product, no gel/serum etc would stop it and I finally got to realize it was because of the curling irons I used every week to try and create smooth ends.

I found out via this board and a girlfriend that rollar setting can achieve smooth hair from root to tip. All you have to do of course is practise
Get the smooth magnetic rollars, the ones with holes in and start doing rollarsets.

I find certain hair techniques/products for me, helps aid the smoothing. For example, I used to wash my hair tilted forward, washing hair upside down in the bath, kneeling outside the bath tub but now I wash it while taking a shower with water going in the same direction as the hair cuticles. When drying hair, don't rub it with a towel, just squeeze out the water and do the rollar set. I find putting serum on the ends before doing rollars ensures smooth ends. I like Keracare Silken Seal or Lanza Protecshine. Using a rats tail comb helps keep the ends straight. Make sure the hair lies completely flat and smooth on each rollar. The way the hair lies on the rollar is how it will dry. After drying (I use a soft bonnet), wrap in a silk scarf. I do this overnight. The next day take the hair down and see what you get

No matter what products I experimented with while using irons, the frizzed ends stayed, even if the hair was trimmed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto! This method works like a charm. It makes learning to rollerset worth it.