Need Serious Help

LondonDiva

Dazzling D

Which relaxer do you use on your hair.
Do you have a NO-Lye or a Lye relaxer applied to your hair?

If you use a no-lye relaxer, you may want to CONSIDER switching to a lye relaxer for your next touch up.

nita4

LD, I think she mentioned that she switched to Mizani??

DazzlingD, I thinking about getting one of those ponytails myself...but if not that get some type of updo or a wrap?? Ladies, what do you think?

DazzlingD

I am using no-lye because I get burned so easily. Does anyone have any recommendations on what I should do before a touch up. My hairdresser doesn't base my hair well. Its so bad that I do it myself but that isn't very helpful either. Is there any really good pomeades out there for basing the head before a touch-up???

DazzlingD

Ok ladies, today I got my touch-up. Again I used Mizani but this time with lye. (of course I got burned) I deep conditioned with Emergencee and Moisterized with a Mizani conditioner my hairdresser recommended. I then got a really go trim. Roller set and then wrapped. What do I do next /images/graemlins/confused.gif. How long should I wait to wash and should I use a protein conditioner this time to deep condition? Should I be moisterizing at night and with what? You guys are my hair Goddesses /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Another question about trimming? Is it better to trim your hair wet or dry?

moni

I think that my hairdresser trims when the hair is wet. That is the best way right.... /images/graemlins/look.gif /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

adrienne0914

DazzlingD, welcome to the board! i'm so glad to see you taking control of your own hair. it may be harder at first, but you can do it. and i'm sure you'll be more pleased with the results. /images/graemlins/smile.gif to answer your question about HF37, i took it for five months. it did nothing for me...

moni, i don't have much shrinkage, but i always prefer to get my hair trimmed while dry. i think it's even more important when you do have shrinkage so that not too much is cut.

adrienne

pebbles

Hi DazzlingD,

Glad you switched your relaxer. /images/graemlins/smile.gif I am sorry that you burned. What I do when I'm going to get a relaxer is base my whole scalp myself. That helps and I don't burn. The Emergencee, (if it's by Nexxus), is a protein conditioner, so you don't have to do one next time you wash. But use a moisturizing conditioner. You can try Moisturfuse by Mizani, or ORS Hair Mayonnaise. What I love with the ORS is that it strengthens and moisturizes at the same time. /images/graemlins/smile.gif The ORS does have some protein in it, but not enought to do damage to your hair with frequent use. Good luck! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

CynamonKis

Welcome to the boards Dazzling!

I believe the HG37 supplements are AWFULLY expensive & that you can have the same or better results, for a lot less. Here is a link to a thread that I found most useful in terms of explaining the vitamins needed for hair growth. Always begin with a good multi-vitamin, though.

With the exception of my multi and my hair herbal supplements, I buy all of my suppliments from Puritan's Pride (www.puritanspride.com). I find them quite economical & right now they have a free-shipping special.

Below is a link to a recent discussion we had about hair supplements:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Women&Number=27019&Forum=Women&Words=Bargello&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=3months&Main=24278&Search=true#Post27019

DazzlingD

Thanks for the link CynamonKis. Very informative. How have your results been since taking the plethra of vitamins??? Today I will be at the vitamin shop buying some of the products she had listed. I have a question though, I am currently on birth control pills. Has anyone had any bad experiences while taking the vitamins and BCPs?

CynamonKis

Dazzling D I just began my vitamin regiment on February 18th & will be reporting my results after March 18th. Regarding birth control you should check w/your doctor but I can't imagine that vitamins would interfere with that. I do not take all of the vitamins suggested in that Bargello regimen but I made up my own, using a lot of that information.

DazzlingD

Can you recommend a neutralizing shampoo? I read a post by pandora who recommends washing your hair after a few days. So is what I need to be doing? Is it a good idea to us ORS hair mayo as my conditioner this time around as my deep conditioner. And should I let my hair air dry using a curl activator. I was thinking about washing my hair and having my sister braid it wet. She does it with her hair and then she lets it air dry or sits under the dryer. She the unbraids it and wears it curly. Do you think its ok for me to try that? I mean being that I just got a touch-up. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

pebbles

Hi DazzlingD,

If you want to wash with a neutralizing shampoo a few days later that's fine. (But remember that the wash that counts to neutralize any chemical is the wash you do right after you rinse the chemical out. Any chemical residual left in your hair will damage it, and washing days later is too late.) You can try Optimum Neutralizing Shampoo. There are a lot of others, but they all do the same thing.

Using ORS is great as a deep conditioner. Afterwards, you can use curl activator and let your hair air dry if you'd like. You can try the braid out like your sister did, that shouldn't be a problem. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

hairfanatic

Hi DazzlingD, /images/graemlins/wave.gif

Since everyone gave you excellent advice, I just wanted to say hello and welcome you to the forum.