Neo AF is the truth!

tbanae

After a long 4 1/2 month stretch I finally decided to relax. I'm currently 10 days post relaxed and I'm already seeing newgrowth. This is without consistant use of Neo AF. If I were to start applying the cream on a daily basis, I'd have just over a inch of newgrowth by June. 4. Thats a big deal for a my usually slow growing hair.

kreeme

Oh lawd!!! I just ran out and bought two tubes of this stuff today. I really hope this stuff works for me. How do you guys use it? I cw my hair every other day, so I'm thinking I might have to switch that up. I hate to apply it to my hair and then wash it right out. So how do you guys care for your hair while using AF?

Shimmerwink

I was skeptical about this stuff but I might give it a try! I am afraid my hair (the little that I have) may fall out.

HoneyDew

It really is good.

My BF has some thinning on top and I have been using it to help it.

I know there are still skeptics about this stuff, but I have gotten great results from it. I have been dying trying to find out how a little cream can speed up hair growth so fast. With the help of a doctor friend, I got more info.

Like everyone was saying, it does kill the bacteria that we get in the keratinized areas (nails skin hair). There are bacteria that thrive on the sebum that is on our scalp. Good flora bacteria are able to control the "bad" bacteria so that our hair and nails can grow properly, but antifungal meds are taking it to another level. But, still the antifingals are probably killing the flora, as well. I feel a little wierd about that. Flora is good, so I don't think I would want to use it for long periods of time.

Also, I found out that anti-fungal drugs have a side effect that inhibits androgen production. Basically they are DHT blockers and that is why they are also used to slow the balding process in men. Apparently androgen production has something to do with Prostate cancer, also. Some men are given high doses of ketoconazole as treatment.

EMJazzy

Happily retired
HoneyDew said:
It really is good.

I know there are still skeptics about this stuff, but I have gotten great results from it. I have been dying trying to find out how a little cream can speed up hair growth so fast. With the help of a doctor friend, I got more info.

Like everyone was saying, it does kill the bacteria that we get in the keratinized areas (nails skin hair). There are bacteria that thrive on the sebum that is on our scalp. Good flora bacteria are able to control the "bad" bacteria so that our hair and nails can grow properly, but antifungal meds are taking it to another level. But, still the antifingals are probably killing the flora, as well. I feel a little wierd about that. Flora is good, so I don't think I would want to use it for long periods of time.

Also, I found out that anti-fungal drugs have a side effect that inhibits androgen production. Basically they are DHT blockers and that is why they are also used to slow the balding process in men. Apparently androgen production has something to do with Prostate cancer, also. Some men are given high doses of ketoconazole as treatment.

You are the bomb!!! :up: YOU GO GIRL!!! :D

zora

HoneyDew said:
It really is good.

I still don't get it. Doesn't an anti-fungal cream kill fungi as opposed to bacteria. That would make it an anti-biotic.

HoneyDew

zora said:
I still don't get it. Doesn't an anti-fungal cream kill fungi as opposed to bacteria. That would make it an anti-biotic.

Apparently good bacteria (flora) actually can kill fungi. But, I am not sure what the difference between fungi and bacteria are. I mean I have read some documents that call candida a bacteria, but it is really fungi and Miconizole is used to kill that. Maybe it is just a throw on words, and I am sure there are more appropriate ways to explain it.

If you guys find info post it for us. I am just trying to find out "WHY!!", you know.

zora

Alright crazy people, I have bought my tubes and started applying this to my scalp.

I'm going to give it two weeks and see what happens.

shawniegee

New Cut for '09
I think I'm going to try this! I may give it to my boyfriend who has thinning spots! Yeah, I'm gonna get it tomorrow.