Never before seen pic of my hair flatironed

PanamasOwn

I flatironed my hair to discover that I was way past SL. The back of my hair is about 1.5 to 2 inches away from APL!!! (Nov 2008)

This is where I have came from:

My BC (ALL natural here) - Jan or Feb 2008

Texlaxed

Earlier this year

Its really 9/2/2008..(I dont know how to change the date on that camera)

Fine 4s

Were you surprised to see the length? I'm curious to know because someone told me the other day that stretched natural hair (especially in twits or braids) will never be the same length as flat ironed hair straightened hair. This will always be longer...I hope it's true because I want to be pleasantly surprised when straighten....:grin:

PanamasOwn

Were you surprised to see the length? I'm curious to know because someone told me the other day that stretched natural hair (especially in twits or braids) will never be the same length as flat ironed hair straightened hair. This will always be longer...I hope it's true because I want to be pleasantly surprised when straighten....:grin:

I am lightly texlaxed with about 75% shrinkage. I have stretched my hair a few times just to check my progress and it did not match up to where my hair was when it was flatironed. It was a nice surprise. I hope that I can get those two inches before my Bday in March. :grin:

Oh I flatironed on wet hair...it came out very silky and had SWANG... NO damage afterwards

MA2010

Your hair is beautiful flat ironed....you should show it more often!!!!

Your natural hair is just as beautiful though!!!

PanamasOwn

Your hair is beautiful flat ironed....you should show it more often!!!!

Your natural hair is just as beautiful though!!!

Aww thanks.. I was scared because all of my other attempts at flatironing my hair came out to be disasters. But when I did it on wet hair (Thanks Iris) It came out great..

Your hair is beautiful as well

lwilliams1922

my twists only come to my sholders when I stretch them. When I flat ironed this month it came to almost APL

Junebug D

Great progress in such a short time! I can't wait to see my hair straightened (THIS WEEKEND, YAY), this gives me such hope! :drunk:

Cien

Pink is my signature color
excellent!!

and I'm loving your curls! really pretty! :)

Your bathroom sink area is nice and clean also. I wish mine looked like that! :look::perplexed

**going home to declutter and put away a ton of hair products that I left out after my last wash**

PanamasOwn

excellent!!

and I'm loving your curls! really pretty! :)

Your bathroom sink area is nice and clean also. I wish mine looked like that! :look::perplexed

**going home to declutter and put away a ton of hair products that I left out after my last wash**

Thanks...you guys are so sweet :bighug: