New Burt's Bees Conditioner: Grapefruit & Sugar Beet

Divine Inspiration

While reading Lucky and Self this past week, I read two glowing reviews of a new conditioner from Burt's Bees. It's the Super Shiny Grapefruit & Sugar Beet conditioner, and it's sounds wonderful. I spotted it in Walgreens last night and gave it a whiff, and it smelled nice. I managed to make it out of the store without buying it (my PJ angel was watching over me! :lol:) but my curiosity is still alive and well. I think I may go back and get it just so I can stop thinking about it.

Here's the description:

Why it Works: Essential citrus oils and sugar beet extract combine with penetrating marula oil to replenish, soften and improve manageability without weighing down hair…the perfect complement to Burt’s Super Shiny Shampoo!

How it works: After shampooing with Grapefruit & Sugar Beet Shampoo, massage into scalp and hair, concentrating on the ends and other damaged areas. Rinse and style.
12 oz. $8.00

So, I think I'm gonna give this a go, but of course, I wanted to see if any of the lovely ladies of LHCF had heard anything about it or tried it out.

{DI}

BrickbyBrick

Hi Divine,
No, I'm sorry I haven't tried it. I love Burt's Bees Citrus and Ginger Root body wash. Really gentle and doesn't dry me out. Sorry, I know, off topic.:p

Divine Inspiration

sseverin2002 said:
Hi Divine,
No, I'm sorry I haven't tried it. I love Burt's Bees Citrus and Ginger Root body wash. Really gentle and doesn't dry me out. Sorry, I know, off topic.:p

No worries, girl. I LOVE discussing skin care too. :lol: That body wash sounds interesting...I'm gonna check that out. Right now, I'm using J/A/S/O/N's herbal body wash, and I love it because it lasts forever. It's also concentrated and smells nice, and I haven't had any issues with it stripping my skin (it has no sulfates or parabens).

I'll probably end up getting the body wash & the condish...I'm going on a trip soon so it'll be fun to have new goodies to take. :D

BrickbyBrick

Divine Inspiration said:
No worries, girl. I LOVE discussing skin care too. :lol: That body wash sounds interesting...I'm gonna check that out. Right now, I'm using J/A/S/O/N's herbal body wash, and I love it because it lasts forever. It's also concentrated and smells nice, and I haven't had any issues with it stripping my skin (it has no sulfates or parabens).

I'll probably end up getting the body wash & the condish...I'm going on a trip soon so it'll be fun to have new goodies to take. :D

Ooooh.....That sounds really nice. Saturday afternoon may include a trip to Whole Foods. In regards to skincare, shoot, I'm trying to finish my current facial cleanser as fast as I can so I can go get the awapuhi cleanser you've been promoting over in the skin care forum:D

Divine Inspiration

sseverin2002 said:
Ooooh.....That sounds really nice. Saturday afternoon may include a trip to Whole Foods. In regards to skincare, shoot, I'm trying to finish my current facial cleanser as fast as I can so I can go get the awapuhi cleanser you've been promoting over in the skin care forum:D

:rofl: Girl J/A/S/O/N's Satin Shower is wonderful! I love the glycerin soap at WFM too...the Lily is my favorite scent. :yep: And I am in HEAVEN with that cleanser...I literally trashed every single cleanser I had after one week of using that product. It's goooood stuff.

I :love: WFM!! They have so many goodies!!! :clap:

*ElleB

LOL, I haven't tried it, but I just wanted to chime in. :lol: :wave: I, too have read those glowing reviews in Lucky Mag, but I got the feeling it wouldn't do my Type 4 hair any good....:ohwell: Maybe I'm being a pessimist....

morehairplease

Divine Inspiration said:
:rofl: Girl J/A/S/O/N's Satin Shower is wonderful! I love the glycerin soap at WFM too...the Lily is my favorite scent. :yep: And I am in HEAVEN with that cleanser...I literally trashed every single cleanser I had after one week of using that product. It's goooood stuff.

I :love: WFM!! They have so many goodies!!! :clap:

Divine this sounds wonderful! It's on my list now...going to wild oats this weekend for puffins cereal & green goddess juice.....adding this to the list. keep those recs coming Divine!

Cichelle

I've been through a whole bottle already. I didn't love it for CW. It just didn't give me the feel that I like on my hair when I am cowashing. I didn't find it helped with tangles, either. I did finish the bottle, though. I actually started using a small amount as a leave in.

It wasn't horrible or anything. But I really wanted to love this stuff. There are other conditioners that far supass this.

ETA: But of course you should try it for yourself and let us know how it goes.

BrownBetty

I smelled it in whole foods and then backed away

Hijack
try the trader joes body wash $2 16 oz - great stuff