New CHI line for highly textured hair

chocolatethai

hi ladies i was browsing the folica website just now and noticed that CHI has a new line of products that are intended for highly textured hair, has any on tried these or heard any reviews there aren't even any reviews folica i guessing because it's so new, if not any volunteers to try it first and then let us know :grin: i just got my products from karen's body beautiful so i can't even try and justify any new purchases:perplexed

taz007

hi ladies i was browsing the folica website just now and noticed that CHI has a new line of products that are intended for highly textured hair, has any on tried these or heard any reviews there aren't even any reviews folica i guessing because it's so new, if not any volunteers to try it first and then let us know :grin: i just got my products from karen's body beautiful so i can't even try and justify any new purchases:perplexed
^^^ What is "highly textured hair"?

Live4Me

They also have a line of relaxers and hair color to take "highly textured" ladies to the "Blondest Blonde".

Americka

I would like to try the CHI Deep Brilliance Reconstruct, CHI Deep Brilliance Moisture Treatment, and CHI Deep Brilliance Reflect. But that is only 14 ounces of product for $42+. I can't do it.

tbaby_8

It looks interesting, but i just bought the Mizani Thermasmooth starter kit and I can't see me buying anything else at this time.

bludaydreamr

I got a real good deal on the regular Chi iron not to long ago, I can't buy another one because I rarely straighten my hair.

hillytmj

Is there a link available for these products? My hair is relaxed, but texlaxed on the ends (the result of an underprocessed relaxer). I started using the Chi Straight Gaurd lotion as a way to get a soft rollerset, but I specifically use it to smooth my texlaxed ends. I'm wondering if the new line offers a similar product that would work even better.

lil_xelle

Yeah I hope someone tries it and reviews it, but im kinda afraid that it might be too hott

OP: i love your siggy everytime i read it I smile, is it from a movie :look::look:

chocolatethai

Is there a link available for these products? My hair is relaxed, but texlaxed on the ends (the result of an underprocessed relaxer). I started using the Chi Straight Gaurd lotion as a way to get a soft rollerset, but I specifically use it to smooth my texlaxed ends. I'm wondering if the new line offers a similar product that would work even better.

here's the link to the products on folica.com
http://www.folica.com/Hair_Care__745_1.html

MilkChocolateOne

The line is not new. It's just repackaged. Farouk Systems (the makers of chi and biosilk products) has/had a line of products for woman of color called deep brilliance. if you perform a search you will be able to find some reviews. they repackaged the products and marketing them as a "new" chi line.

here's the original deep brilliance website
http://www.deepbrilliance.com/

old packaging

new packaging

Last edited:

Brownie518

:yep: This is what I thought as soon as I saw these products. I liked Deep Brilliance. I still use the Manage every week!!

The line is not new. It's just repackaged. Farouk Systems (the makers of chi and biosilk products) has/had a line of products for woman of color called deep brilliance. if you perform a search you will be able to find some reviews. they repackaged the products and marketing them as a "new" chi line.

old packaging

new packaging

chocolatethai

old packaging

new packaging

thanks milkchocolateone i thought they were brand new:lachen:

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
I used to be very much in love with these products some years ago, but they got harder and harder to find. My favorites were the Hydration shampoo and the Reconstruct. The shampoo had SLES if I remember correctly, but it also had ingredients that help the hair to bind protein and therefore retain moisture. The Reconstruct was very moisturizing and I liked it better than the moisture treatment. The moisture treatment seemed to make the wet hair shed a lot for some reason. Several members, including me, had this experience. The Reconstruct is not a hard-core treatment at all, like I said very moisturizing.

I also tried the relaxer once at a JCP salon. At the time, I had been going to that particular stylist for about a year and we found that the relaxer did not straighten well at all. If you are a texlaxer, it might be perfect for you.

If you do a search, I'm sure you can find some of my earlier reviews. I also convinced discount-beauty.com to start carrying this line and I believe they still do at less than the normal retail price. I am glad to see these products again. :)

ETA: The leave-in was one of my favorite products of all time. How could I forget to mention that! :)

Last edited:

chocolatethai

^^^ thanks super girl!!! i could only find 2 reviews on folica so this was very helpfull. by the leave in treatment do you mean the silkkeratin spray? because i was wondering if i should spend the $30 when the regular keratin mist is $10 thanks again off to search for your old post