New-Comer Needs Serious Help!

BrittanyH26

Hi Ladies,

I am a newbie to the board, and was wondering if you all could give me tips on how to get started on my journey to healthy hair. I am currently in Spain for a few months, so I have limited supplies and resources (pics in my Fotki). I do not know how to braid or flat twist, but I can plait and two strand twist. My hair isn't too long so putting it in a bun is a bit difficult for protective styling..

I especially would like to know how to detangle my natural hair carefully? I always feel like I am ripping it. I have a wide tooth comb, but something still doesn't feel right? Any advice?

Thanks ladies! I appreciate it! Over the months, I hope to become self-reliant for all my hair issues.:spinning:

1god1

Well....I think reading these threads will give you tips. You can also search whatever topics you are looking for, ie, "combing" I am sure the other members will come with plenty of tips/advice. A couple of other good sites to check out (if you haven't already) are blackhairmedia.com and nappturality.com.

TwistedRoots

Back2Life Back2ReLaxer!
^^Yea I agree...there is so much information on this board, it just takes you to read and filter through what you need and don't. As far as limited supply girl thats why you have online shopping...u can order just about everything you need.

However quick detangling tip, do it in the shower with plenty of conditioner and/or stand directly under the shower head and comb through while the water is hitting it.

anon123

you might try youtube for videos on detangling natural hair. not mine, that mess is a train wreck.

TexturedTresses

Welcome to the board. When I detangle my cousin's hair. I use a jilbere shower comb or any wide tooth comb and tons of conditioner.