New Era 2000 Moisturizer Conditioner

Dare~to~Dream

so1913 said:
Yep, they have it. It's just called New Era Moisturizing Shampoo. I don't remember anything spectacular about it like the conditioner, but it's a decent shampoo that I'd use again.

Thanks, I'm going to check these products out. The only reason I asked about the shampoo is that I like to use shampoo and conditioners from the same line. The conditioner is the only thing that really matters in the end though.

BrownBetty

Why can't I find this anywhere in Boston? I went to 2 BSS and called 3 of them. I called the company that owns them and no one has called me back!

so1913

MissVee said:
Why can't I find this anywhere in Boston? I went to 2 BSS and called 3 of them. I called the company that owns them and no one has called me back!

Girl, I can't find it either. I thought it was discontinued because it disapeared off the shelves until I ran across it online.
Then a few people here are spotting it in their local stores. I'm not sure if what is being found now is whats left of the product, or if it's still being manufactured, just hard to find. Some people have mentioned that the products they've spotted have been dusty from sitting on the bottom shelf apparently for some time...the ones I received were very new and clean. I sent an email to one of the online stores to find out the status of them and am waiting to hear back to know if I need to stock up big time.

so1913

Oh yeah....what I love about this stuff is that it gives hair a "natural" softness, not that coated, mushy kind of softness. My hair feels strong, still soft, but without that coated feeling.

It's also leaving me with some well defined curls:)

ImPradaModel

okay I used this 2x's and it is the s hit I when back and bought 5 16oz jars...I was ducking so nobody saw my new secret love.........

so1913

ImPradaModel said:
okay I used this 2x's and it is the s hit I when back and bought 5 16oz jars...I was ducking so nobody saw my new secret love.........

I hear ya...my hair feels GREAT today!

brooklyngal73

SteelyDan/DonaldFagenFan!
The pj in me had to try this. Unfortunately, I'm not pleased so far. I applied it, and left it on for about 45 min w/o heat, then washed it out. I was disappointed with the slip factor; I've gotten more slip from 10 en 1, Silicon Mix, LeKair Shea Butter cholesterol (the bomb!), and even my Herbal Essences fruit conditioner! :eek:

Maybe I have to give it another chance, but so far, I'm not impressed...:(

BrownBetty

bklynwildheart said:
The pj in me had to try this. Unfortunately, I'm not pleased so far. I applied it, and left it on for about 45 min w/o heat, then washed it out. I was disappointed with the slip factor; I've gotten more slip from 10 en 1, Silicon Mix, LeKair Shea Butter cholesterol (the bomb!), and even my Herbal Essences fruit conditioner! :eek:

Maybe I have to give it another chance, but so far, I'm not impressed...:(

I feel the same way, I left it on for about 15 minutes used a heating cap for 10 min. My hair had no slip had to add elucence MB to detangle. How is everyone using it? I didn't feel any slip on contact and I knew I was in trouble.

so1913

Sorry it's not working out for some of you :-( But ya know how it goes...what works for some won't work for others.

I apply it in the shower, add a little water to help distribute and detangle with my shower comb. It rinses clean and doesn't leave the hair coated. My hair is natural and I don't have a problem detangling, but bf you are looking for something that gives a slip like Elucence or CON Shampoo, this won't give you that. It does leaves my hair soft and strong, shiny and with well defined curls.

Avin'sMom2010

so1913 said:
Sorry it's not working out for some of you :-( But ya know how it goes...what works for some won't work for others.

I apply it in the shower, add a little water to help distribute and detangle with my shower comb. It rinses clean and doesn't leave the hair coated. My hair is natural and I don't have a problem detangling, but bf you are looking for something that gives a slip like Elucence or CON Shampoo, this won't give you that. It does leaves my hair soft and strong, shiny and with well defined curls.

My results are the same as yours SO1913, my hair is also natural I also use mine while in the shower on my soaking wet hair for about 10 minutes or so....my hair LOVES it & I have NO problems with detangling..

angellazette

You ladies weren't lying!

I found it at a local BSS on the bottom row, all dingy looking. As a matter of fact, all the New Era products were dingy looking. Mine doesn't say New Era 2000, it says the same as what patient1 posted so maybe this is the original formula. I'm not too crazy about the smell but I dunno if that's just because mine is ancient!!!! I'm going to try it out on a section...will post about it.

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
so1913 what have you replaced New Era with? This is the first hair care line that I became a STAN for. I'm worried because I'm almost out of couple of things and I'm not sure if it's a good idea to order what I've been able to find online, because it's probably been sitting around for years.

so1913

so1913 what have you replaced New Era with? This is the first hair care line that I became a STAN for. I'm worried because I'm almost out of couple of things and I'm not sure if it's a good idea to order what I've been able to find online, because it's probably been sitting around for years.

Wooooooow this is a throw back! I sooo loved this stuff. I'm sorry I don't have a replacement suggestion for you :( I'll try to reach out to my old stylist from college to get her opinion since she used it on her clients and is who put me on. She's one of those hairdressers who is totally into haircare and hair health and have great trust in (unfortunately she's in NC and I'm in NJ). If I get any info I will report back.

Last edited: