New Growth or Reverted Hair?

Guess?Girl

I washed my hair yesterday. I didn't have that much new growth before the wash. But now it seems like their is alot more growth. I don't know if it's new growth or hair that reverted back. My hair wasn't underprocessed when I got my touch up, it came out very straight. Please respond. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

LondonDiva

Once relaxed you hair can NEVER revert back. It's been chemically altered permanently and the only way to get rid of relaxed hair is to chop it off.

I suspect you have new growth then, so congratulations /images/graemlins/smile.gif

skegeesmb

Yes once your hair is relaxed your hair can't revert. But when I had a relaxer I noticed that since I pulled my hair back into a ponytail a lot it seemed straight dry. But when I washed it my hair seemed like it had grown. I just started attributing that to the fact that as I had my hair straight the newgrowth wasn't very noticeable until I washed it.

Camille

U know sometimes I have the same problem, I have sensitive scalp and it doesn't take much for me to say " hey, wash this crap out!!!!" /images/graemlins/mad.gif When I leave the hairdresser it looks staright, but give it a couple days and it looks like I need a touch-up again, /images/graemlins/lick.gifdo u think I'm being underprocessed? but if so, wouldn't I be bald by now? Is seems to happen everytime. /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Tracy

I agree with VG - not possible for realxed hair to revert - but if it was never as straight as you thought it was when you left the salon, but the curl pattern that was left was hidden due to the way ot was styled, then it would make sense that you see curls when you get home and decide to wash. It may just be that your hairdresser isn't not be taking your hair bone straight. Only straight enough so that when styled it looks bone straight. This isn't always underprocessing - actually a lot of times not taking the hair completely straight is better for the hair. It just has to be done correctly.