New Hair Invention by Black Woman. Wave Molding Cap for Waves?

MsBoinglicious

What say I, you ask?

Uhhhh...see...well...um...

It ain't that serious for all that! It just ain't. Who still wearing finga waves anyways? Thats so early 90's with cross-color pants/shirts, Addias gym shoes, kango caps and bamboo er'rangs!

ETA: I mean she does have a market audience. I know 'bout 2 or 3 pimps here in Detroit that would love this for Christmas/Birthday from one of they ho#s!

Tis all!

Last edited:

Pompous Blue

What say I, you ask?

It ain't that serious for all that! It just ain't. Who still wearing finga waves anyways? Thats so early 90's with cross-color pants/shirts, Addias gym shoes, kango caps and bamboo er'rangs!
Yep! I thought I had stepped back in time....LOL.

la mosca

That's really cool!

ETA: Umm, yeah, you'd need to brush out the waves a bit to avoid the "More Bounce to the Ounce" look. You could do some pretty, romantic updos, though.

Last edited:

RossBoss

What say I, you ask?

ETA: I mean she does have a market audience. I know 'bout 2 or 3 pimps here in Detroit that would love this for Christmas/Birthday from one of they ho#s!

Tis all!

:lachen::lachen::lachen:You gotta support a sista! LOL! Um, I wear waves occasionally, but it's the deep waves a la Josephine Baker. I would never wear those hard crunchy tiny waves that was popular back in the 90s. This woman should do well in the South though.:grin:

Ijanei

.ETA: I mean she does have a market audience. I know 'bout 2 or 3 pimps here in Detroit that would love this for Christmas/Birthday from one of they ho#s!

Tis all!
:lachen::lachen::lachen:

So you know a few pimps huh? :lol:

About the video, I know she will have an great clientele, not for me but whoever she makes happy will appreciate it.

hairedity

Gotta' commend her for trying. If the plastic thingies would be designed on a vertical rather than horizontally, then maybe the results would be close to a twist or braidout which would make this invention up-to-date.

QueenFee

Hey now it might could work for someone with fine hair..Looks like you could get a nice Spanish curl if you finger comb it...*SHRUGS REAL HARD*

Iamhim

I wonder if you could use it to create regular waves, instead of doing twist outs or braid outs....I dunno just a thought. I bet it were marketed differently, more people would buy it.

RossBoss

Sorry but those look more like pineapple waves than fingerwaves. Fingerwaves are flatter to the head, Missy has finger waves.

I think this man could use this contraption
YouTube - HOW TO DO PINEAPPLE WAVES.MOV
:perplexed:perplexed:perplexed

You are so right. I was trying to think of the name of the waves that it looked like. I was so not impressed with this woman's invention when I happened to stumble upon her video, but I felt bad because I am a staunch supporter of Black women in the Black hair care industry and refuse to support the typical Asian BSS owner but this is something that I just couldn't buy if I want waves because my waves are the deep soft waves that you see in old Hollywood movies.

me-T

so i'm the only one that likes it?:look:
i'd brush the waves out some...maybe:lol:
like...do a romantic updo or somethin...it could work...right?

kblc06

I think I could take you :lol::grin:

We should have a 'Pump Finga Waves' contest! I bet I win!

That right thurr is that good hurr!

Woooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwww!! May I inquire as to HITH you came across this video? I was left utterly speechless :spinning:
Sorry but those look more like pineapple waves than fingerwaves. Fingerwaves are flatter to the head, Missy has finger waves.

I think this man could use this contraption
YouTube - HOW TO DO PINEAPPLE WAVES.MOV
:perplexed:perplexed:perplexed

Myjourney2009

Ready to be APL
I think I could take you :lol::grin:

Woooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwww!! May I inquire as to HITH you came across this video? I was left utterly speechless :spinning:

Well ur uh...

When I was looking at the OP's video I thought to myself that those did not look like fingerwaves more like pineapple waves. I went to do a search just to make sure I was correct and I happened across his video.

I used to rock them when I was in highschool back in the early 90's. They were fresh with a cute stuffed roll with little fake pearls placed ever so delicately through out the hair. Oh the memories :grin::grin::grin:

Bnster

Gotta' commend her for trying. If the plastic thingies would be designed on a vertical rather than horizontally, then maybe the results would be close to a twist or braidout which would make this invention up-to-date.

Horizontal waves I do not like at all. If it was vertical it would look better.
It is still being done today, but not in the massive, I know someone who still does the finger wave from time to time and it looks good on her short hair.

People would need to figure out how it would work out for them.