New Member - Kirah

shakira

Hello LHCF Members, Im Kirah from Jersey. Im new to the board and just wanted to introduce myself to you all. I just have to say I am loving this discussion board. Since I joined a month ago, I have been coming back every day to see what everyone is saying. Its the best hair forum I've come across.

Well lets get started, my hair is in fairly good condition. But my hair gets very dry so fast and Im trying to stretch my perm out for at least 3 months. Can anyone recommend any good products or styling methods to use. Thanks

Nay

I don't have any recommendations, I just wanted to welcome you to the board /images/graemlins/wave.gif

Sundays are kind of slow around here, so if you don't get many replies, just bump your thread on Monday.

vickiepickles

All About Me!
Hi and welcome Kirah! /images/graemlins/weird.gif /images/graemlins/wave.gif
Some product suggestions as you get more new growth would be Wild Growth oil on your new growth. This helps make it more manageable. Some people can't stand the smell, so it is probably best used on wet/damp hair. Elasta QP Mango Butter is pretty good also on wet/damp hair. When there is a lot of new growth, you can wear your hair in twistout/braidout sets. This helps with the 2 textures.

TigerLily

Welcome to the board, Kirah! /images/graemlins/wave.gif

S-Curl activator is also good to moisturize your hair and soften the new growth. In additiion to braidouts/twistouts, you can try roller sets. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

dreemssold

Welcome Kirah /images/graemlins/wave.gif. I have found that braid-outs, and putting my hair in two braids helps me stretch. HTH /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

miss_brown

Welcome /images/graemlins/wave.gif
Re stretching your relaxer, there are a number of ladies here that do this successfully by deep conditioning, air drying, limiting manipulation, etc. Try doing a searc for +"stretching relaxers" and you should get a lot more info /images/graemlins/smile.gif

A_Christian

Welcome to the board Shakira and all new members! /images/graemlins/wave.gif

I stretched my last relaxer to 16 weeks by conditioner washing with KeraCare Humecto, air drying, roller setting, and making sure my new growth and ends were always moisturized.

A good roller set should last for at least a week which definitely helps avoid a lot of combing the two textures, thus avoiding breakage at the line of demarcation.