Miss Montserrat

Hello everyone,
I had to join your board because I definetly felt a connection with many of you through your posts... especially the product junkies /images/graemlins/grin.gif I currently have over 100 products in my closet and I definetly have an opinion on each and every one of them. I might just have every product ever made. Every time I go to the beauty supply I ask God to forgive me for spending so much money!!! But as long as you guys are around it kinda feels okay.

pebbles

Miss Montserrat,

Welcome to the board!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif Another PJ? Oh boy! /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

LondonDiva

100 products??? Oh my! Well welcome to the board, enjoy your time here. /images/graemlins/smile.gif
**my goodness I cound like check in staff at a hotel**

sweetcocoa

Welcome, fellow PJ! Here's a place where other PJ's like you can come together and 'admit' you have a 'problem' and no one will make you feel ashamed and look at you like you're crazy... it feels so good to let it all out...now take a deep breath and exhale.... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

BronxDiva

Hi Welcome! There is sooooo much useful information here and the ladies are very nice /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Dandy112

Hey everyone! I am new to the board as well and I must say I am VERY HAPPY that I joined, just by reading some of the older posts I have gained invaluable information regarding my hair!! I think I am a product junkie in the making, I dont know how many products I have yet but it has definitely increased in the last 2 to 3 weeks! I just want to thank everyone for their GREAT advice and look forward to the happy posting in the future! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

nita4

Welcome ladies,

Miss Montserrat: 100 products - as Londondiva said..."Oh my". This is definately the place for you to be. Enjoy and welcome.

Dandy112: Welcome to the board, you'll love it here. Everyone is so very helpful.

Integrity

Dandy you are very welcome here! Its nice that sisters from all over the world can be linked in such a way to offer support /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

hairfanatic

Hi Miss Montserrat and Welcome!

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
I currently have over 100 products in my closet and I definetly have an opinion on each and every one of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't it great to have so many products? It seems like when I go back to some after a while, it works grea on my hair. Even the shampoos that I don't like have a great use...I use them to clean my bath tub and sink and they work just like a bottle of 409! /images/graemlins/grin.gif Now that I think about it, that can be kind of scary. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Miss Montserrat

Re: You guys are the bomb!

Ahhhh! (I'm exhaling) You guys are definetly the bomb. You are so receptive. Only true Product Junkies can be so loving. I feel compelled to share. Isnt life grand. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif
To hairfanatic: This comment is hilarious!:
I use them to clean my bath tub and sink and they work just like a bottle of 409! ---

I recently put a box together (product no no's) and hopefully it will make it to the homeless shelter. If my family stops picking in it.
Some of those porducts include: Clairol Renewal 5x's, TCB Heat sense, VOH Sheer hairdressing leave in, Optimum leave in foam, Freemans Real Shiny Hair conditioner, Lustrasilk MoistureMax, Smooth &amp; Shine Leave in Scalp Treatment, Black and Sassy Wrap Lotion, Vidal Sasoon Form and Finish, IC Hair polisher Shine Cream... and the list goes on and on. Dont get me wrong, these are great companies, especially Fantasia but some products are not as good as others.

Peachtree

Now Miss Montserrat,

You should be the poster child for "PJ's 12 Step Program", /images/graemlins/grin.gif. (Don't feel singled out...I pick on Pebbles all of the time /images/graemlins/smile.gif) Over 100 products; I need to shop in your cabinets!....&amp; I think that my lil 12 or so products are way too many,,,wow, did I just get a reality check!

Welcome to our hair family.

God Bless,
Peachtree

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
Welcome Miss Montserrat!

FYI, old shampoo is also good to use for laundry as a pre-treatment for "ring around the collar".

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL I thought I was the only person who did this! Pantene shampoos are especially good for pre-soaking and for handwashing sweaters. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ennyaa

Hey!! Thanks for this one guys! I was wondering what to do with my half finished bottles of shampoo now that I'm a Keracare fan.

And welcome Miss Montserrat and Dandy. *waving*

NAY007

welcome ms montserrat and dandy,

since i heard the expression product junkie i have a question for you. is it true that nobody in the states buy their products at sally's anymore since it is too expensive?? a lady at the salon told me that today and i thought it was bullcrap cause on these boards we always talk about how we saw something at sallys or how something was on sale there. especially all the hair tools like brushes and rollers, where else do we buy them???
nay /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Ennyaa

To be honest I NEVER went to Sallys before I saw it mentioned on this board. Living in the NY/NJ area there are HUGE beauty supply outlets that have way more products to choose from at lower prices. The only reason I went was to get that New Image Damage Free Thermal Styler and to check out the Jilbere Ceramic Flatiron. Other than that I stick with the stores around my way. (Mostly chinese or korean owned. lol)

Dandy112

I just moved to Virginia recently and I dont know of any discount hair stores (yet /images/graemlins/grin.gif) so I currently shop at Sallys for most of my hair products. Speaking of I was just there yesterday and I purchased a clarifying shampoo (I cant remember by who) and motions CPR.

Cleo

Hi all, I had to jump in. I'm new hair too(pun intended) /images/graemlins/laugh.gif, and I love all the wonderful advice. You guys are so nice and respectful to each other. I love that and I know that I will truly enjoy this drama free board. I'm a one year lurker from other boards(recently joined BCHAB), but I just HAD to join this one as well.
Cleo

Ennyaa

Well if you're anywhere near Richmond you should go downtown. It's interesting but I find there are PLENTY of discount beauty supply places in most urban areas.

Jenai

Re: You guys are the bomb!

Welcome to the board Miss Montserrat, Dandy, and cleo2377.
More PJs - Yeah!

ms_kenesha

To be honest I NEVER went to Sallys before I saw it mentioned on this board. Living in the NY/NJ area there are HUGE beauty supply outlets that have way more products to choose from at lower prices.

[/ QUOTE ]
I was never a big Sally's shopper either. The DC Metro Area has a huge number of independent beauty supply shops (yup, usually owned by Asians) that are usually cheaper, my only complaint was that they didn't have a wide variety of "non-ethnic" products, but now I've found a lot that carry other brands as well, like Paul Mitchell and other high end "white" lines.

BlkMane

Hi! to all the new board members!!!! Welcome!

Nay007- I don't shop at Sally's because I live in NYC and as other girls mentioned we have tons of independently operated beauty shops every where. I have one a few blocks from my apartment.

Even when I've been in states that had Sally's, they never seemed close by. However, during the holidays, I will be heading to one to try to find me some of that New Image Thermal stuff that everyone's talking about. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Miss Montserrat

Re: Thanks again

Thanks again ladies. Feel free to use me as a product reviewer. I've been a PJ for several years.... knowing is half the battle /images/graemlins/wink.gif /images/graemlins/wink.gif /images/graemlins/wink.gif

daviine

I personally prefer to shop at Sally's becasue I know if I have a problem or don't like something I can return it. You can't always do that at the Korean beauty supply stores. But, alas, Sally's doesn't carry everything......