badkitty

Hi ladies,

I have been reading this board for some time. Today when I tried, I was blocked from the discussion, so I bit the bullet and registered! Figured I might as well let you all know what I have been doing, and get some advice so my hair can be improved by the summertime.

I have fairly coarse 4a/b hair. Last relaxer was Dec 28 and my next is in a few hours, which makes about 11 weeks. I extended it from the usual 6 weeks because of what I have heard on your board.

My main problem is DRY, DAMAGED hair. I have started using Nexxus products including Emergencee about once a week. Not sure if this is too much, but when I use it with the Humectress it is the only time my hair comes out silky and soft. When I try to alternate with Le Kair cholesterol trmt, I find more hair comes off on my hands and the hair is rougher.

Right now the back of my hair is at the bottom of my neck, with some thin areas due to breakage at the ends. Please give suggestions for less breakage and more moisture. Do you think I am safe using Emergencee this often?

Thanks ladies, you have the best AA hair board out there!!

Crysdon

Welcome badkitty,

Cute name, I love cats! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I suggest you use the Emergencee once every 4 to 6 weeks only and always follow up with the Humectress or any other moisturizing conditioner.

The dryness means that you need a lot of moisture to your hair. Deep condition everytime you wash and do not use oils with petroleum and/or mineral oil.

nita4

Welcome badkitty!!

Emergencee is a heavy duty protein conditioner that really only should be used every 6 weeks at the most as the protein may be drying out your hair.

I use Nexxus products too. After my shampoo, I condition with Humectress w/heat for at least 30 minutes for three weeks, on the 4th week I use Keraphix followed by the Humectress. Then on that 6th week give yourself a treatment with the Emergencee. I have heard of people using Emergencee more often, but since you mentioned that your hair was dry, I would stop using so often. Also, are you using a lye or no-lye relaxer and what other products or things are you doing to your hair. The ladies here always have excellent suggestions and ideas so...let us know!!

pebbles

Hi badkitty,

Welcome to the board! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

As the other ladies suggested, reduce the use of the Emergencee to once every 4-6 weeks, followed by a moisturizing deep conditioner treatment. Too much protein will cause drying. I also use Humectress as a moisturizing hairdressing cream and I find that it works great for me. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Kitkat

Welcome to the board, Badkitty!! Your name is what I call my cats on a daily basis! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Everyone has given you great advice. Definitely lay off the Nexxus Emergencee every week and add more moisturizers to your regime.

badkitty

Just wanted to thank everyone who's responded and/or welcomed me thus far. People like Pebbles, Armyqt, and Sweetcocoa..believe me I've seen all your online hair pics and it is truly an inspiration.

Went and got my hair relaxed, and my stylist was extremely impressed with the condition of my hair and the growth. So I'll continue with my hot olive oil trmts, deep conditions. I plan to start conditioner washes and lay off the Emergencee for a few weeks.

Thanks again!

Islandgirl

Hi and welcome to the board. I would only suggest using the Emergencee ocassionally only if your hair is seriously damaged (with that said you will have to moisturize, moisturize, and moisturize). If you hair is in good condition, I would do it every 6 weeks or once a month.

ngaa

/images/graemlins/trampoline.gif yay another new member and also yay for u on how yo relaxer came out /images/graemlins/grin.gif

ngaa

/images/graemlins/grin.gif lol in the midst of all that excitement i forgot to welcome u to the board!! /images/graemlins/wave.gif hope to see u postin more /images/graemlins/smile.gif remember: its all family up in here