Nexxuss Emergence on a Weekly Basis??????

JerseyGirl

One of my co-workers who has flawless hair (it is not bra strap length) but it is full of life and body use to use Nexxus Emergencee on her hair weekly for 4 months straight.

She said when she moved to New Jersey she couldn’t find a hair stylist. So she stop taking care of her hair and it started to break and became really dry and brittle. She found a Dominican Salon, and there she started to use Nexxus Emergencee followed by Nexxus Humectress (moisturizing conditioner) on a weekly basis and got her hair trim gradually. By the end of the 4 month period, her hair was back in shape. Now she uses it every 4 weeks. She never had a problem using it weekly.

My question to the board is: I thought that you had to use Nexxus Emergencee every 4 to 6 weeks not on a weekly basis. Isn’t using it weekly too much?

Crysdon

That sounds scary /images/graemlins/shocked.gif. My hair would be dry as a bone if I applied Emergencee every week. Well I guess it's one of those "everything is not for everybody" situations and she is fortunate to have hair stong enough to handle it.

pebbles

You know, there's another thread on this forum that talks about using Motions CPR several times a week for a month to help get hair back in shape. I think that was what it said. I couldn't do that. Like Crysdon, my hair would be very dry and breaking off like crazy. Perhaps a lot of these remedies work for some people, but that definately could not work for me. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

nita4

I read somewhere where it could be used weekly to get the hair back in shape of course followed by a moisturizing conditioner. But, I don't know if I would continue to use afterwards. Good for her, her hair odviously loves the stuff.

mahogani

Nexxus Emergencee is great!!! but i only use it every time i get a perm {which is once every 3 months} that would be my treatment after the perm is washed out i sit under the dryer for 45 min with it in followed by a conditoner. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

auntybe

I think the Emergence is too srong to use weekly. I got good results just from using the Humectress.

Jada

Funny you should mention this I was at a dominican salon just yesterday and my stylist Raphael told me to use either Nexxus Emergencee or Penetrate on a weekly basis he said that a heavy duty conditioner could never harm the hair as long as it is followed by a moisturizing conditioner. He told me to wash my hair every 3 days, with the Salerm products and deep condition and on the next wash 3 days later to use the Emergencee followed by the Salerm treatment and then follow with the Salerm rinse out conditioner. I asked hundreds of questions and believe you me I have my doubts but I kinda looked around me and saw the women with all the healthy hair and I guess he knows what he's talking about. He told me that in the Dominican Republic this is how they are taught to do hair. He even said that this is what most women from his country do. All I can say is that since using the Salerm products my hair is so much stronger, my daughter even commented last night that my hair grew so much in such a short time since I have been going to the Domincan salons compared to when I would frequent a Black salon. Go figure I know I do see the results and I am going to stick with them. He also told me to never put Grease in my hair because it drys out the hair.

sexylonglegs

Hi everyone I am a newbie

I am so happy to be a part of this forum,,, Do you think the Therapee is just as strong. I was thinking to do a therapee the second week after a relaxer and then once a month after that...