New Mizani Shampoo and Conditioner

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
SG's review:

Renew Strength Shampoo:
I made a mistake a few days ago when I said this shampoo had similar ingredients as the Moisturfusion Milk Bath, but no dimethicone. It does have dimethicone. The shampoo was just okay. I don't mind the SLES (glad it's not SLS). Since a lot of Mizani products contain ceramides, their poos have to have a surfactant that will remove them because ceramides build up easily and quickly. I may return the shampoo, because I have plenty of others that are just as good and I can use a clarifying poo when I need to remove build up.

Moisturfusion Silk Creme:
This was pretty nice. The scent was a familiar one. A few years ago, L'Oreal (who owns Mizani) came out with a line of hair products called Relaxed & Natural (copying Pantene!) for women of color. I thought it was a very good line, though it didn't stay around. The conditioners in that line were off the chain. They also contained ceramides as many of Mizani's products do. Anywhoo, this condish smells just like one of those. I don't remember the ingredients in the L'Oreal conditioner, but I wonder if this Silk Creme is the "rebirth" of it. :lol: I used this under the dryer for 10 minutes as the directions specify. I liked the way my hair felt when I rinsed, though a lot of conditioners can make your wet hair feel great and they're not really doing anything for the hair. It made the shower floor slippery, and I'm usually leery of conditioners that do that. It usually means that it just coated the hair with a feel-good substance and not much more. I'll finish this bottle. I'm on the fence about repurchasing--I'll have to do the air-dry test one day with it.
I am a die-hard Hairveda fanatic. But you never know this one might might one day have a place in my stash. I'll talk about how my hair feels now that it's dry in a sec.

Foam Wrap:
I likes this! It gave my hair a nice set without being hard or flaky and a nice sheen. I'll get this again. I've been looking for a good setting product for when I do want more structure to my curls and some shine. Also it's full of body.

My hair feels very luscious and supple right now. I can't tell if it's the conditioner or the foam wrap or perhaps both, but I'm loving it. :yep:

Desarae

My review:

-Moisturefusion Milk Bath
The Shampoo went on really creamy. The smell, is a sweet, mature women's perfume, mildly musky but soft, not overpowering scent. I liked the smell. It really didn't lather up that well, but I expected that. My hair felt clean afterwards, but not as clean as I like. I only shampooed once. Maybe I should have lathered twice, but I didn't have alot of buildup on my hair.

-Silk Cream Conditioner
This is a really thick conditioner. As soon as I put it in it felt like it was soaking into my hair, as opposed to coating it. I left it in for 5 minutes and rinsed. It felt really slippery and kind of slimy rinsing it out. I usually (Like Supergirl) don't like conditioners like this. I rinsed really good to make sure all of it was out. It left my bath slippey as well. My hair didn't feel spectacular afterwards, but it felt like it did the job, my hair felt soft and moisturized.

I put a little Rusk Smoother in it and airdryed my hair loose. I liked how my hair felt after it dryed. It was shiny and didn't feel coated. It felt moisturized as well, but not weighed down.

Overall
I wasn't wowed by it, I liked it, but I like most if not all of Mizani Products. (All the ones that I've tried) At this point, i'm not like, "I want to go and buy a liter!", but I am going to use it up. You know you can't judge a product after the first time. I do love that smell though.

Aggie

My review:

-Moisturefusion Milk Bath
The Shampoo went on really creamy. The smell, is a sweet, mature women's perfume, mildly musky but soft, not overpowering scent. I liked the smell. It really didn't lather up that well, but I expected that. My hair felt clean afterwards, but not as clean as I like. I only shampooed once. Maybe I should have lathered twice, but I didn't have alot of buildup on my hair.

-Silk Cream Conditioner
This is a really thick conditioner. As soon as I put it in it felt like it was soaking into my hair, as opposed to coating it. I left it in for 5 minutes and rinsed. It felt really slippery and kind of slimy rinsing it out. I usually (Like Supergirl) don't like conditioners like this. I rinsed really good to make sure all of it was out. It left my bath slippey as well. My hair didn't feel spectacular afterwards, but it felt like it did the job, my hair felt soft and moisturized.

I put a little Rusk Smoother in it and airdryed my hair loose. I liked how my hair felt after it dryed. It was shiny and didn't feel coated. It felt moisturized as well, but not weighed down.

Overall
I wasn't wowed by it, I liked it, but I like most if not all of Mizani Products. (All the ones that I've tried) At this point, i'm not like, "I want to go and buy a liter!", but I am going to use it up. You know you can't judge a product after the first time. I do love that smell though.

I love your review of the new Mizani products thus far DesiRae, however I have a question for you though. Did you clarify your hair of other products before using it? I hear if one really wants to know how the hair will repond to a new product, one should clarify the hair first. I know this to be true in my case and that's why I am asking the question.

Aggie

SG's review:

Renew Strength Shampoo:
I made a mistake a few days ago when I said this shampoo had similar ingredients as the Moisturfusion Milk Bath, but no dimethicone. It does have dimethicone. The shampoo was just okay. I don't mind the SLES (glad it's not SLS). Since a lot of Mizani products contain ceramides, their poos have to have a surfactant that will remove them because ceramides build up easily and quickly. I may return the shampoo, because I have plenty of others that are just as good and I can use a clarifying poo when I need to remove build up.

This is good to know because I didn't purchase this one but it was on my list to buy. I'll stick with the Botanifying poo then.

Moisturfusion Silk Creme:
This was pretty nice. The scent was a familiar one. A few years ago, L'Oreal (who owns Mizani) came out with a line of hair products called Relaxed & Natural (copying Pantene!) for women of color. I thought it was a very good line, though it didn't stay around. The conditioners in that line were off the chain. They also contained ceramides as many of Mizani's products do. Anywhoo, this condish smells just like one of those. I don't remember the ingredients in the L'Oreal conditioner, but I wonder if this Silk Creme is the "rebirth" of it. :lol: I used this under the dryer for 10 minutes as the directions specify. I liked the way my hair felt when I rinsed, though a lot of conditioners can make your wet hair feel great and they're not really doing anything for the hair. It made the shower floor slippery, and I'm usually leery of conditioners that do that. It usually means that it just coated the hair with a feel-good substance and not much more. I'll finish this bottle. I'm on the fence about repurchasing--I'll have to do the air-dry test one day with it.
I am a die-hard Hairveda fanatic. But you never know this one might might one day have a place in my stash. I'll talk about how my hair feels now that it's dry in a sec.

I already have my eyes on some Hairveda products myself - not all though, maybe about 4 or 5 of their products I'm really interested in for now.

Foam Wrap:
I likes this! It gave my hair a nice set without being hard or flaky and a nice sheen. I'll get this again. I've been looking for a good setting product for when I do want more structure to my curls and some shine. Also it's full of body.

I finally got the Foam Wrap but I haven't used it as yet. Thanks for the review SG.

My hair feels very luscious and supple right now. I can't tell if it's the conditioner or the foam wrap or perhaps both, but I'm loving it. :yep:

Nice review but I have a question for you too SG, what about the conditioner that makes you feel you may or may not purchase again? Also, do you feel in your experiment that it will be a great conditioner for more textured hair like natural or even texlaxed hair because of the slipperyness (sp) you experienced than for straight relaxed hair?

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Nice review but I have a question for you too SG, what about the conditioner that makes you feel you may or may not purchase again? Also, do you feel in your experiment that it will be a great conditioner for more textured hair like natural or even texlaxed hair because of the slipperyness (sp) you experienced than for straight relaxed hair?

Well, if the conditioner is just one of those that makes wet hair feel good then I wouldn't want to repurchase. As I said, I'll have to do the air-dry test to determine. My hair feels wonderful but I also used the foam wrap and I'm guessing that has a lot to do with the final turn out of my hair and also, it is hard to have crappy rollerset hair no matter what you use!

I don't know about how it would work with textured hair, especially since I am like 1-week post relaxer! I have no texture to judge by at the moment. :lol:

Now I did use Giovanni Smooth as Silk at 12-weeks post and I could definitely recommend that for a textured sister. up:

Aggie

Well, if the conditioner is just one of those that makes wet hair feel good then I wouldn't want to repurchase. As I said, I'll have to do the air-dry test to determine. My hair feels wonderful but I also used the foam wrap and I'm guessing that has a lot to do with the final turn out of my hair and also, it is hard to have crappy rollerset hair no matter what you use!

I don't know about how it would work with textured hair, especially since I am like 1-week post relaxer! I have no texture to judge by at the moment. :lol:

Now I did use Giovanni Smooth as Silk at 12-weeks post and I could definitely recommend that for a textured sister. :up:

Thanks SG. That's good about the GSAS conditioner. I have that one in my wish list now at vitacost.com.

Desarae

I love your review of the new Mizani products thus far DesiRae, however I have a question for you though. Did you clarify your hair of other products before using it? I hear if one really wants to know how the hair will repond to a new product, one should clarify the hair first. I know this to be true in my case and that's why I am asking the question.

No, I didn't clarify first. I probably should have, but I had just shampooed my hair the day before(with Mizani Botanifying Poo), and clarified a week before(With Mizani Puriphying Poo) . So my hair was basically already clean before using the shampoo.(I don't use oils on my hair)

I will try it again, clarifying first next time, but I like to try my products a few different ways because i'm not ALWAYS going to clarify before using it.

Aggie

No, I didn't clarify first. I probably should have, but I had just shampooed my hair the day before(with Mizani Botanifying Poo), and clarified a week before(With Mizani Puriphying Poo) . So my hair was basically already clean before using the shampoo.(I don't use oils on my hair)

I will try it again, clarifying first next time, but I like to try my products a few different ways because i'm not ALWAYS going to clarify before using it.

Thanks Desirae.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
I bought the renew masque today but not the gelee. For some reason, I was more impressed with the masque. I may still go back and get the gelee though. The moisturefusion is not here yet so I am waiting patiently for it...

Aggie have you had a chance to use the masque? Do you like it?

luvlonghair

I tried the Moisturfusion shampoo and the Moisturfusion conditioner on my daughter yesterday and all I can say is WOW:shocked: This stuff is great.

Mind you, my daughter is 8 and natural. I really don't get into hair types but she may be a mixture of 3C/4A.

Like the other poster said, the shampoo did not lather up at first, but it was very soft and silky to touch. I rinsed her hair and shampoo a second time, and it was perfect.

I applied the conditioner and it started to detangle on contact. Left it on her hair for 5 minutes then rinsed. Applied a leave-in and heat protector then blow-dried. After blow-dry, I flat ironed and wrapped her hair.

When she came home from school she said that everyone kept touching her hair which I don't like:nono: and telling her how soft it was. I'm not kidding you, her hair came out like silk. I can't wait to try it on my hair along with some of their other products next week, but I'm so hooked on Crece Pelo at the moment:grin:

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
Where are the ingredients? After Mizani did me dirty with moisturefuse....still looking for something like the original forumula......I need to see the ingredients list first.

The Silk Conditioner has mineral oil (parrifum liquidium (sp?)) in it. They had it on display at the Sisterhood Showcase in Memphis. I picked it up and took a look at the ingredients.

MissB

I revisited this line tonight at the suggestion of my stylist. He said I would appreciate it more if I used the entire system. So, I ordered the cleansing oil and intense moisture concentrate from Paynes Beauty supply.

This is the description of the cleansing oil from the Mizani website: Concentrated blend of pure avocado, almond, safflower and rosemary oils Loosens build up without drying surfactants.

The cleansing oil reminded of a Phyto product that I used in the past, Phyto Huile D Ales, (description from Phyto website) an unprecedented concept, is a unique compound of Castor plant oil and essential oils of sage, rosemary, juniper berries and lemon. Huile D Ales will transform dry, dull hair into lustrous hair by quenching its thirst for deep hydration. The essential oils optimize moisture and add shine and as the original Phyto formula, Huile D Ales easily rinses out with water.

I liked the Phyto product a little better but the Mizani did not have the strong lemon smell. The cleansing oil revitalized my hair and scalp. I then wet my hair and followed with the Moisturfusion shampoo and conditioner.

The final step was the Moisturfusion, intense concentrate. Oh my God! I don't know what's in this product but my hair feels and looks good.

Mizani wouldn't like this comment but you could probably use Step 1 and 4 with your favorite moisturizing shampoo and conditioner and yield the same results.

jerseyjill

Bumping for dry results!

Has anyone ever tried

Mizani H20 Intense Night-Time Treatment

?

The best $12 I ever spent. I dont know what the magic ingredient is, but this stuff stops breakage overnight. You are only suppose to use it like every other night until breakage stops - it is the truth!!
Really, you only need a nickel size in your palm, rub it together and run your hands over your hair, wrap and go to bed. The next day the comb glides through breakage free.

The consistency is funny - creamy and oil - it separates, you have to stir it before you take it out to apply. Smells good!