New ORS Hair Mayo has SLS?

RedVelvet310

I just bought a tub of ORS Hair Mayonnaise it said 'new and improved', before I bought it I looked at the back to make sure there was no addition or mineral oil or petroleum (I wasn't expecting to find an SLS in a condish anyway so I didn't think to look at it)... this morning I was just reading through the ingredients and it said this -->

Aqua (water), glycerin, polyquaternium-37, propylene glycol dicaprylate/dicaprate, ppg-1 trideceth-6, dimethicone peg-7 cocoate, olea europea (olive) oil, lanolin oil, tridecyl stearate, neopentyl glycol dicaprylate/dicaprate, tridecyl trimellitate, c12-15 alkyl benzoate, dicetyldimonium chloride, triticum vulgare (wheat) germ oil, phenyl trimethicone, panthenol (vit b-5), cholesterol, urtica dioca (nettle) extract, capsicum annuum (paprika) extarct, cetyl alcohol, sodium lauryl sulfate, dimethicone, ovum egg (egg powder), fragrance.. etc etc etc lol

Does anyone here have the older jug, i threw mines out so I'm not sure if sls is in the old one... if so i guess i have nothing to worry about because I still loved it... if it didn't have sls and they added it :nono:... but I don't wanna waste my money and still give it a try.

TIA

Irresistible

I just bought a tub of ORS Hair Mayonnaise it said 'new and improved', before I bought it I looked at the back to make sure there was no addition or mineral oil or petroleum (I wasn't expecting to find an SLS in a condish anyway so I didn't think to look at it)... this morning I was just reading through the ingredients and it said this -->

Aqua (water), glycerin, polyquaternium-37, propylene glycol dicaprylate/dicaprate, ppg-1 trideceth-6, dimethicone peg-7 cocoate, olea europea (olive) oil, lanolin oil, tridecyl stearate, neopentyl glycol dicaprylate/dicaprate, tridecyl trimellitate, c12-15 alkyl benzoate, dicetyldimonium chloride, triticum vulgare (wheat) germ oil, phenyl trimethicone, panthenol (vit b-5), cholesterol, urtica dioca (nettle) extract, capsicum annuum (paprika) extarct, cetyl alcohol, sodium lauryl sulfate, dimethicone, ovum egg (egg powder), fragrance.. etc etc etc lol

Does anyone here have the older jug, i threw mines out so I'm not sure if sls is in the old one... if so i guess i have nothing to worry about because I still loved it... if it didn't have sls and they added it :nono:... but I don't wanna waste my money and still give it a try.

TIA

you know they say Queen Helene Cholesterol has that in it, but its always worked for me and my daughter with no problems, plus that makes it even greater for CW's :lol: I say try it , it might not even make a difference in the benefits you feel . It never did for me

I kinda want to get that stuff again now what you mention it

IntoMyhair

I have 2 old bottles both have SLS in them. They don't say new and improved on them. Your list that is posted has less ingredients in it. They have changed some stuff around. This sh!t sucks i can already tell what is gone.

ETA
Things gone
Safflower oil
Hydrolyzed collagen
Hydrolyzed keratin
They changed the Polyquaternium from a number 32.

To me this now seems more moisturizing than for strength now
I won't be buying this anymore. Only sticking to AF 2 minute from now on.

Last edited:

basketballbabe03

I don't like the "New and Improved" ORS Hair Mayo. When I first used it, it irritated my scalp! I wish they would bring the old version back. :sad:

Esq.2B

I have 2 old bottles both have SLS in them. They don't say new and improved on them. Your list that is posted has less ingredients in it. They have changed some stuff around. This sh!t sucks i can already tell what is gone.

ETA
Things gone
Safflower oil
Hydrolyzed collagen
Hydrolyzed keratin
They changed the Polyquaternium from a number 32.

To me this now seems more moisturizing than for strength now
I won't be buying this anymore. Only sticking to AF 2 minute from now on.

WOWZERS. I just bought a jar of the old formula. I will have to purchase some more before it's no longer available. Thanks for the heads up!

LovelyLionessa

TIA

Wow, I hate "new and improved". Usually it means crappier ingriedients for the same price. :whip:

This always had SLS, but heck they took out the protein out this. Now its just a glorified cholesterol conditioner. I won't pay $10 for that. I have 1 tub left of the original formula. In the future I will only use the Replenishing conditioner (as long as they don't mess with that too.)

Here are the former ingriedients:

Water Aqua , Polyquaternium 32 , Glycerin , Safflower Oil Carthamus Tinctorius , Hydrolyzed Collagen , Behentrimonium Methosulfate , Cetyl Alcohol , Olive Oil Olea Europaea , Dicetyldimonium Chloride , Lanolin , Dimethicone , Phenyl Trimethicone , Panthenol Vitamin B5 , Cholesterol , Stinging Nettle Urtica Dioica , Capsicum Extract Paprika , Hydrolyzed Keratin , Egg Powder Ovum , Sodium Lauryl Sulfate , Propylene Glycol , DMDM Hydantoin , Diazolidinyl Urea , Methyl Paraben , Propyl Paraben , Brown No. 1 CI 20170 , Fragrance Parfum , Benzyl Benzoate , D'Limonene , Linalool , Alphaisomethylionone

RedVelvet310

Oh no no no, I got lazy so I put etc etc a couple ingredients after SLS... okay it good to know that the old jug had SLS because I'd be heart broken if I would have to give it up =).

Apparently they added Wheat Germ to ors hair mayo to help fight breaking and shedding.

myronnie

This is depressing :(
I loved my ORS..now it's a completely different conditioner..it's not even a protein conditioner except for the dang egg proteins. bleh. not repurchasing :(