Product RAVE!!! Rusk Calm Conditioner

Dommo

ok, OMG, I'm in love:dance7:

Before I began, Im am currently 9 1/2 weeks post with thick newgrowth and i need products with major slip to get through my hair. I washed my hair with Joico MR Shampoo and deep conditioned with low heat with Joico MR balm mixed with AO Honeysuckle Rose; After I rinsed out the deep condtioner, my hair was extremely moisturized but still tangled...

I put the Rusk calm conditioner on and instantly my tangles diminished and my hair felt so soft; it was amazing!!! This will be my new staple rinse condtioner if it continues to act right:yep: I rollerset my hair with the rusk smoother and when my hair was dry, it was so moisturized, soft and strong..I know it was the Calm conditioner because i've used all of the other products before together.

P.S. the smell is amazing and my hair has never felt this way before :grin:

-its a light reconstructor and you only need to keep it on for 60 seconds

Ingredients:
Water (Deionized), Cetyl Alcohol, Behenalkonium Chloride, Propylene Glycol Ceteth-3 Acetate, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hair Keratin Amino Acids, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Ginger (Zingiber Officinale) Extract, Guarana (Paullinia Cupana) Extract, Cystine, Magnesium Sulfate, Amodimethicone, Tallowtrimonium Chloride, Nonoxynol 10, Fragrance, Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Tridecyl Stearate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Propylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Sodium Chloride, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone.
Ingredients

Dommo

Bump...Bump....Bump....

OK, so no one but me has tried this? There aren't any threads on it and I don't know why(Its fantastic!)

amber815

I have seen this in TJ Maxx and wondered about it...hmmm... I love the smoother for my rollersets

naturalness

I used this when I had relaxed hair-my stylist recommended it and it worked well. I am natural now and I recently tried it again. It left my hair feeling fantastic. I loved it so much that I bought another litre of it. It also works well when mixed with honey or oils.

Dposh167

yea this was my jan. hit....i had to follow up with a dc afterwards tho. Its a good protein conditioner

Lexxx

I have used it and it is a really good conditioner.
my hair usually laughs at Instant conditioners!

but this is great, i have just recently run out and have noticed the difference in my hair because i have not used it.

jazzzmoods

I have used this a few times and I am loving it! I found a 32oz bottle at Marshalls today fro 9.99....so I stocked up~

Queen V

Thrilled to see this thread! I just tried this for the first time on Friday, and was wowed by it! I hope it continues; I may have found a new product fave.

pmichael52172

I basically use the same indgredients. Joico MR shampoo, Joico MR Conditioner (sometimes the MR Balm) then Rusk except it's the Rusk Sensories Smoother Leave-In Conditioner. I used the conditioner when relaxed and still use it through my transition.

It's the only product that I've never switched up. I've started buying it by the liters now when I run out.

My stylist knows I like trying new products and everytime I run out of something I ask her what's new out there to replace it with. When it comes to the leave-ins... she always says.... "Back to the Rusk".

I may have to give this product line a try in other areas.

Last edited:

gymfreak336

The rusk calm is a great protein line, especially if you have fine hair. I like the conditioner and the calm reconstructor.

chebaby

wow, i have a liter of this that i've never used before. i only bought it because marshalls had a great deal on it. now i cant ait to use it. i had no idea it was protein but thats great since im in love with protein these days lol.

Coffee

Road trip tomorrow!! I've seen this at TJ's and Marshall's. Just my luck, neither one will have any:lachen:.

Your Cheeziness

I've never really been big on ingredients but I'm noticing that the products with the most slip have Water, Stearyl Alcohol, glycerine, and Cetyl alcohol as the 1st four ingredients and hydrolyzed wheat proteins should be at least midway.

kjeneen

OMG, are you ladies serious???? I traveled all weekend looking for the Sensories Smoother and must've passed at least 10 shelves at 10 different locations with the Calm Condish stocked on 'em. DOE!

kjeneen

I've never really been big on ingredients but I'm noticing that the products with the most slip have Water, Stearyl Alcohol, glycerine, and Cetyl alcohol as the 1st four ingredients and hydrolyzed wheat proteins should be at least midway.

I know, riiiight! Isn't that something, Cheeziness, how alcohol in any other form will totally absorb moisture but it works great in conditioners? This throws me for a loop every time I see it.:ohwell:

Coffee

I stopped by Marshall's today and picked up a small bottle of Rusk Calm condish ($4.99). I plan on trying it this weekend. I also got a liter of Rusk Healthy Treatment for $3. It says it's a bergamot & blackberry leave in strengthening treatment. I also stopped by Cost Plus who is going out of business and brought 3 small bottles of garlic oi, that I'm going to use on my hair.

Nayeli

I didn't know this was protein. I bought this last week and am about to try it out today. Guess I will use it as a rinse-out after my DC.

Nayeli

Ok, my hair is air-drying - and it feels great. And yes, this conditioner smells absolutely scrumptious. Hands down one of the best I have ever smelled. If this works as well on hair that's past 8 weeks post I will def. be re-purchasing.