New pics

zzirvingj

Hi everyone,

I added four new pics to my album, one is a comparison shot. I just got a fresh trim and press at the salon. I am slowwwwllllyyyyy progressing towards midback:

http://public.fotki.com/shortiedowop/hair_album/that_was_then/latest-pics/

Some of you may have read last week that I had a GREAT trip to the salon the other day. I went to Too Groovy in Atlanta and my stylist's name was Akelah.

I have been battling dryness for a minute, and that "hydration treatment" they gave me really had my hair feeling moist and shiny. Anyways, enjoy! ;) :)

RZILYNT

WoW, Beautiful hair! So thick and shiny :D

You are almost there! I really like the comparison shot. You have grown alot!

RZ~

natstar

It looks really pretty! I def see the diff in the progress pics. Do you color your hair at all? I absolutely love your hair color and I would love to get a similar color on my hair. It looks really good.

natstar

It looks really pretty! I def see the diff in the progress pics. Do you color your hair at all? I absolutely love your hair color and I would love to get a similar color on my hair. It looks really good.

Galleta

i love it! your hair looks great! I need to go natural. i think you might already be at midback, if not, you only have like one inch to go. congrats on your progress.

so so chic

I love your hair. I'm in Atlanta...I think I may need to visit Too Groovy!!! How often do you go to them. One last question... what all did you get done, and was it expensive?

Last edited:

zzirvingj

so so chic said:
I love your hair. I'm in Atlanta...I think I may need to visit Too Groovy!!! How often do you go to them. And, are you natural? One last question... what all did you get done, and was it expensive?

This was my first visit! I was verrrry pleased. If you do go please tell them you referred by "Jade". The stylist who did my hair was "Akelah", but there is a separate thread in the Salon forum that mentions other stylists to go to that are also good.

Yes, I'm natural. My last relaxer was summer of 01. I transitioned through end of December 01 and big chopped the last week of December 01. I got:

-Wash & deep condition
-Hydration treatment
-Blowdry & press
-Trim

The total was SUPPOSED to be $95 but Akelah gave me a slight discount (it was a treat to me as a new client I guess).

The whole appointment was only 1 hour and 45 minutes long. The detanlging process felt sooo much better than how my old stylist used to do it-it hardly felt like she was detangling it. I came in with dry and tangled hair that had been in a bun and left with bouncy bouncy curls.

Je Ne Sais Quoi

zzirvingj said:
This was my first visit! I was verrrry pleased. If you do go please tell them you referred by "Jade". The stylist who did my hair was "Akelah", but there is a separate thread in the Salon forum that mentions other stylists to go to that are also good.

Yes, I'm natural. My last relaxer was summer of 01. I transitioned through end of December 01 and big chopped the last week of December 01. I got:

-Wash & deep condition
-Hydration treatment
-Blowdry & press
-Trim

The total was SUPPOSED to be $95 but Akelah gave me a slight discount (it was a treat to me as a new client I guess).

The whole appointment was only 1 hour and 45 minutes long. The detanlging process felt sooo much better than how my old stylist used to do it-it hardly felt like she was detangling it. I came in with dry and tangled hair that had been in a bun and left with bouncy bouncy curls.

:eek: You're kidding right???

~*~ShopAholic~*~

Gorgeous from root to tip, I love it! Your thickness is bangin' and yes it has grown alot, your approaching WSL. Congratulation!!

*Frisky*

So pretty...did you get pressed with a straightening comb? Do you like it better than flat ironing?

zzirvingj

marie170 said:
So pretty...did you get pressed with a straightening comb? Do you like it better than flat ironing?

Actually, she did not use a straightening comb at all. The blow dryer she used got it REALLLLLY straight to begin with. Then she straightened it some more with the flat iron. It was the FHI brand (FHI, not "CHI".)

My old stylist would press it first with the comb and then flat iron it which added time to the process and I thought it was also necessary b/c of my texture of hair. However, after seeing her only use the blow dryer and flat iron, I'm pretty confident I may be able to press it myself pretty decent next time with my Maxiglide....

zzirvingj

natstar said:

Actually, I usually don't but I have a whole bunch of greys coming in right now :eek: I got a jet black rinse last November to cover them up. That's the last I've colored and I probably won't do that again until next year.

My hair is naturally verrry BLACK, though ;)