New to the forum...quick question

ElecEngnr

Hey everybody, I'm new to the forum. I only have a couple pics in my album but you guys can check it out anyway. I don't have a digital cam yet, I've been using my camera phone, but I hope to purchase one soon.

So here's my question...how do you do pin curls? I tried it once and my hair looked a hot mess. Instead of a nice S-curl pattern I ended up with a Z-type catastrophe. What I did was curl it with my fingers and then pinned it with a bobby pin. Where did I go wrong? I don't know, maybe I just need to try it again...

alliyah4eva203

you have beautiful hair.
oh! and welcome to the board
sorry don't know any thing about pin curls

Nay

Welcome to the forum. Lovely hair!

And are you an electrical engineer? You must be a smart girl. My husband is an electrical engineer, and he's a smart fella :)

Dolce_Dawn

Welcome, fellow NEWBIE!!! You and your hair are beautiful!
I believe that CaramelHonee is the expert at pin curls. Maybe you can PM her?

J

JenniferMD

Welcome to the board! I love the length of your hair...just beautiful.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
[ QUOTE ]
ElecEngnr said:
So here's my question...how do you do pin curls? I tried it once and my hair looked a hot mess. Instead of a nice S-curl pattern I ended up with a Z-type catastrophe. What I did was curl it with my fingers and then pinned it with a bobby pin. Where did I go wrong? I don't know, maybe I just need to try it again...

[/ QUOTE ]

CLICK HERE!!!!

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
WOW!
I just looked at your album too and you have beautiful hair!!!

May I ask...what is your hair regime? What products do u use and what do u use them for? And how do u care for your hair?

ElecEngnr

[ QUOTE ]
Nay said:
Welcome to the forum. Lovely hair!

And are you an electrical engineer? You must be a smart girl. My husband is an electrical engineer, and he's a smart fella :)

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you, I'm an electrical engineering student, I have two more quarters until I graduate

ElecEngnr

[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:
WOW!
I just looked at your album too and you have beautiful hair!!!

May I ask...what is your hair regime? What products do u use and what do u use them for? And how do u care for your hair?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the compliment. I'm new to all of this so I don't have a stable regime yet. I conditioner wash my hair about twice a week with Suave Tropical coconut, Suave Aloe Vera, VO5 pina colada or VO5 kiwi & lime (only the cheap stuff) and let it air dry. I shampoo once every two weeks with Mizani PuripHying shampoo using a pre-shampoo treatment of honey, evoo and some other type of hair oil. After this I deep condition with ORS hair mayo, Mizani moisturfuse or my over priced deep penetrating K-pak reconstruct conditioner.

I don't use a blow dryer or curling iron, if I want to wear my hair sleek I always roller set instead. As a leave-in I usually use Infusium23 or Biolage leave-in tonic. I stopped using grease a long time ago. I moisturize with oils instead, DooGro thickening growth oil, Mango & Lime Island oil, sweet almond oil, 100% coconut oil or Barry Fletcher liquid moisture. They all pretty much have the same effect but I really like the coconut oil because it seals in moisture without weighing the hair down. Can you see the product junky in me yet...

I have 4a/b hair and relax every 3 months or so with a lye relaxer. I'm jumping on the protective styles bandwagon so I just wear my hair in a bun, I'm often busy with school and it's fast and easy so I love it.

DSTcutie

Hi, welcome!

And I concur with all the rest of the ladies here...your hair is the BOMB!

By the way, is that an Omega blanket in the background of the first pic? (yes, I am being nosy now
)

Honey01

Sorry, I don't know anything about pincurls. I just wanted to welcome you and say your hair looks awesome.

B

ballet_bun

Welcome ... and yes, you hair is beautiful. And the shine is to die for!

bollyhair

Welcome to the board
As everyone else stated, you have BEAUTIFUL hair! Am I the only one who came on this board w/ JACKED-UP hair?
BTW,...I always wondered happened to Tracie Spencer
Apparently, after she fell off musically, she decided to gift the world w/ beautiful hair tips instead!

Haleni

You hair is beautiful! I love the shine also. This is an awesome group. Tons of information about hair, as you will see!

ElecEngnr

[ QUOTE ]
DSTcutie said:
Hi, welcome!

And I concur with all the rest of the ladies here...your hair is the BOMB!

By the way, is that an Omega blanket in the background of the first pic? (yes, I am being nosy now
)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it is, my boyfriend is a Que.