New to this whole thing...

jslimette

Hi Everyone -

I have recently decided to stop relaxing my hair in hopes of getting the hair back that I had in elementary school! I don't want to cut the relaxed hair off in one setting; I would like to make a gradual transition by allowing my natural hair to grow in while trimming the relaxed ends periodically. Any suggestions for keeping my hair healthy while going through the transition?

Welcome girl! Don't have any suggestions as I am not natural but I wish you luck on your transition.

Hi and WELCOME!!! You will find a plethora of information here from the blessed and knowledgeable women on the board :) The one thing I can stress to you is moisture, moisture, moisture!!! That has been the key for me maintaining my natural hair. Proper moisturization will make your hair much easier to manage. Finding the right balance/products, etc is the key.

hi and welcome!!!! There are alot of transitioning ladies on this board that will happily answer all your questions. i am natural but did not transition long at all, i did an impulsive bc. But i do know that moisture is very important, and keeping your hair in low manipulation hairstyles. Enjoy and good luck with your transition journey!!

jasmine:)

16.gif
to LHCF, jslimette! :wave:

Back