NEW: Winter Bun Challenge (Dec 2009- Mar 2010)

SunnyHoney

I can't find any current bun challenges going on. So would anyone like to join me in getting one started?

Disclosure: I am new to LHCF :ohwell:, I'm new to bunning :perplexed, and I'm new to healthy haircare in general :blush:, so this may not be the most well-maintained thread, but I'm willing to give it a try! :spinning:

This will officially be a 3-month challenge. It'll start on the first day of winter, Dec 21, 2009 (to give ppl some time to join up), and end on the first day of spring, Mar 21, 2010. But feel free to get a headstart (I'm starting today).

If you'd like, we can do weekend passes (or holiday passes for those who want to "loose-hair" strut at that New Year's partay!), but I'm gonna limit myself to just 3 "day" passes.

Okay, ladies...Happy Bunning!
:grouphug:

WINTER BUN CHALLENGERS (as of 12/26/09):
HoneyMama
bestblackgirl
Kusare
topnotch1010
Kerryann
Soulberry
ButterCaramel
Shay72
TeeWhyAre
blackviolet
MrsSmitty77
Mz.MoMo5235
ladysaraii
jayjaycurlz
pringe
Kiffany
CarolinaGal
aprils13
Reecie
SmartyPants
NikStar
BrownEyez22
Mimi22
authenticitymanifesting
Diva_Esq
rben
Lei*Lei
Diva_Esq
adnolej
dicapr
raushana2478
testimony777
schipperchow1
danysedai
Ms. A.Sunshine
evsbaby
PearlyCurly
leleepop
Anna9764
coconow2007
Chaosbutterfly
~NanCeBoTwin~
princessdi
kpcwriting
wheezy807
twists
irsgirl
dicapr
JD2'd
KPH
panamoni
Priss Pot
Princess_Teearra
Rapunzel*
krissyprissy
Nightingale
Mahalialee4
keysha1983
Qurlyqt
pureebony
momoftrips
blessedn09
JLOVELY
sparklebh
TressObsessed
morehairplease
prettyw/pink
Mz.MoMo5235
ladysaraii
nappytherapy
asummertyme
kiki82
SheaShea
Natural_tina
Destinee
wavezncurlz
ad0rkabletash
LaidBak
Lisaaa_Bonet
merilusmims

Last edited:

bestblackgirl

I'll join. I've been doing Bun and other PS anyways.. and so that's perfect for me.. Bun until I get my touch Up in April '10

Fhrizzball

Yes finally. I'll join up! I've grown bored of other ps so want to try my hand at this. I'm thinking of bunning longer than this so this will be perfect for me.

topnotch1010

Real Housewife of Houston
I want in on this one!! Bunning helps me a lot with retention. I'm planned on bunning until May 2010 anyway.

Soulberry

I'm also in I will be bunning until my next touch up in February. Bunning has helped my hair grow from neck length to APL in 5 months!

Shay72

Natural, 4A
HoneyMama--I see you started the challenge, great :grin:. I think it might be easier to say you must bun a certain # of days in a week and people can personally decide on those days.

TeeWhyAre

i'm in. i got my own personal bun til july 28, 2010 challenge going on. that will mark 1yr that i have consistently and diligently taken care of my hair. i only take it down to re-tighten the bun as needed which is every few days and on wash days which is usually once a week. idk how long my hair is because i haven't seen it straightened in forever. we'll see it july 2010, i guess.

blackviolet

I'm a newbie too! Count me in, I'm trying to grow my layers and looking for bunning styles to hid them while growing them out.

Mz.MoMo5235

i'm in... i a regular bunner any way lol its my go to go and the only way i know to get over the mbl hump so yeah... lets do this lol

SunnyHoney

Welcome to the challenge, ladies!

HoneyMama--I see you started the challenge, great :grin:. I think it might be easier to say you must bun a certain # of days in a week and people can personally decide on those days.

@Shay72: Thanks! Good idea, let's say we'll bun 5 out of 7 days a week...use the passes as you will. Shay72, are you joining the challenge, or just droppin in?

I'm also in I will be bunning until my next touch up in February. Bunning has helped my hair grow from neck length to APL in 5 months!

@Soulberry: Now that's what I'm talkin' bout! :grin: I'm inspired...I'm NL now and I'd be THRILLED if my hair could be APL in 5 or 6 months! Do you have any advice for bunning NL hair? I'm rockin' this lil' pin-up thingie now, but would love some variety.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
@Shay72: Thanks! Good idea, let's say we'll bun 5 out of 7 days a week...use the passes as you will. Shay72, are you joining the challenge, or just droppin in?

I'm in but I will wait until the official start to start. Right now I'm doing a lot of braidouts, twistouts, and some rollersets to give my edges a break.

pringe

im in. Im not bunning per se, my hair in the front will fall out of a bun and my bum would be scanty lol but i'll do braided and twisted updo's where my ends r up.

topnotch1010

Real Housewife of Houston
I'm in but I will wait until the official start to start. Right now I'm doing a lot of braidouts, twistouts, and some rollersets to give my edges a break.

I'm wait ing until the official start date too. I bunned most of this year and I'm enjoying wearing it out for a while. I'll be doing twistouts until then.

I'm in.

How are people bunning their hair?

I'm doing a phony bun because I like the way my hair is still very moist when I take it down at the end of the day. Almost like the baggy method.

CarolinaGal

HoneyMama: I would like to join your challenge, please. I currently bun everyday but need to improve my methods.

ladysaraii : To keep from walking around in the winter with wet hair and to reduce stress on my hair (edges in particular), my goal is to do rollerset/braidouts and then bun. That way me and my hair can be healthy...I hope :grin:

Reecie

I'm in!!! I've been doing this religiously since Oct anyway.... my own personal challenge was from Oct 2009 - Feb 2010. So far so good. My hair has been thriving!!!:grin::grin:

TeeWhyAre

What is a phony bun? Can someone post a pick?

it's a fake bun. kinda like a phony pony. here's a pick. DON'T SPEAK DEFEAT, I HOPE YOU DON'T MIND ME USING A PIC FROM YOUR FOTKI!

I cover my baggy with a scarf but, here's the info:

dontspeakdefeat's baggy tutorial w/ phony bun

Here's a site with lots of em
Phony Bun Site

Last edited:

NikStarrr

I'm joining!!!

I'm taking a trip for a week in December for Xmas--so that will be my "pass" days. Other than that I plan to stick to it. Maybe let the hair out a couple weekends out of the months, but that's it.

BrownEyez22

Honey Mama I would like to join. Bunning 5 days a week, 3 day passes.

I am natural and I only know how to do the bun in my ava so far. I am going to have to research some more options, my hair is only shoulder length.

Reecie, I like your double bun I might give that a try.

Mimi22

I'm in; i've been bunning since september anyway, so a cuple extra wont hurt :)
I'm doing donut buns and the southern tease bun. I'm still working on how to bun like dlewis :yup:

Renovating

I would like to join. I've been wearing my phony bun 5-6 days/wk for the last 3wks. I plan get me some more phony buns and hopefully at the end of the challenge, I'll have enough length to bun with my own hair.

:) I'm excited about the results a previous poster was able to achieve from bunning. neck length to apl in 5mos!!!! Now that's progress. HHG ladies. :)

Last edited:

Diva_Esq

rben

I'm ready for this! It will be a continuation of the hide your hair challenge and I intend to bun for 12 months straight from Jan 1st to Dec 31st 2010 anyway.