NEW: Winter Bun Challenge (Dec 2009- Mar 2010)

Bene

Not joining, because I already bun all day, every day. But, wanted to say good luck to the bunners! May your hair grow long and healthy, and may you never run out of cute accessories!

kpcwriting

Hello - I am a newbie too and would love to join this challenge so please count me in. : ) Kristi

Last edited:

twists

Hey, i'm a newbie and would like to join this challenge if I can. See i'm keeping my hair in twists for a couple of months but I started keeping it in a bun because my hair is only about shoulder length so it would rub off on my clothes a lot and the winter weather is harsh anyway :/. So would it be okay to join this challenge even though my hair is twisted?

Lei*Lei

How have you ladies been coming along with the bunning? I've been doing great!

My sister in law told me i looked like The Virgin Mary last night:lachen: Not that i care though,:lachen:

I'm going to cowash tonight!

I also have a question:

I don't like wearing my hair straight back, but the front of my hair is shorter than the rest so side parts and other usually fall out or frizz up. What other options other than twists/braids can i do in front?

Maybe i can get a few of those elastic hairbands.

Last edited:

LadyLeoSmile

I wish I could join, I don't have enough length and my hair is thin so I can't bun just yet. It would require pulling my hair back really tight and I don't want to do damage to it.

dicapr

How have you ladies been coming along with the bunning? I've been doing great!

My sister in law told me i looked like The Virgin Mary last night:lachen: Not that i care though,:lachen:

I'm going to cowash tonight!

I also have a question:

I don't like wearing my hair straight back, but the front of my hair is shorter than the rest so side parts and other usually fall out or frizz up. What other options other than twists/braids can i do in front?

Maybe i can get a few of those elastic hairbands.

I side-part the front of my hair and swoop it around with gel and tie it down for 15 minutes. I also secure the shorter parts with barette.

KPH

House Head
I'm in. I need to get some hair toys to decorate this thing. I want to get to APL on dry hair. LOL

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
I need to be on this challenge, using my Good Hair day pins from Sally's. I love those things.

Mahalialee4

I'm in. Regular wet and dry bunning. Natural hair. Ayurvedic all the way. Will change up my buns. Wash once a week with powders. Moisturize with spray leave in in between as needed. Oil regularly AV oils. Usually have my hair covered with scarf. goal to gain and retain at least 2 inches by spring.Growth is happening up in there. I can feel it.

pureebony

hey i want to join!!!

I am planning to start on the 24th of december instead. is that ok?

got great growth from bunning before, braids have ruined my hairline.

momoftrips

I want in. I will be bunning for 5 days and ponytail for the other 2. I think I will be tucking my ends under on ponytail days. I want to reach APL by June.

SunnyHoney

:welcome3:

Welcome, all you new challengers! Great to have you along for the ride.
For those waiting for official start day to begin: 3.5 days and counting....
For those who've started already: yay, keep up the good work!

So far, it's been a bit of a struggle for me, because I'm transitioning as well, and can't wear a ponytail or anything tight because of my tender-headedness. So I wear a pin-up bun. Since I can't pull it tight, my hair has this little puff-poof thing going...not my best look :ohwell: , but I'm hanging there.

Anyhoo....

So would it be okay to join this challenge even though my hair is twisted?

As long as it's bunned, I don't see why not!:yep:

I need to be on this challenge, using my Good Hair day pins from Sally's. I love those things.

What are these Good Hair day pins? Like a cute accessory?

I wish I could join, I don't have enough length and my hair is thin so I can't bun just yet. It would require pulling my hair back really tight and I don't want to do damage to it.

Oh, no! :nono: Don't do any damage...but I'll definitely be bunning again next winter, maybe you can join us by then....I don't know why I've never done this before, it only makes sense to protect one's hair from all the collars you have to wear in cold weather. (depending on my success, I may bun all spring and summer, too)!

I am planning to start on the 24th of december instead. is that ok?

Sure, why not! :yep:

I'm updating the list of challengers on the original post, let me know if I missed any of you! Otherwise, I'll be checking in again on Monday.

JLOVELY

I want to be a part of this challenge; I LOVE bunning. I will probably bun everyday and rock a cute headband or something to jazz it up.

aprils13

Donut bun users, do you spray anything on your donut before putting it on? Something like oil or condish?

dicapr

I use a donut bun and I usually add some conditioner to it before I bun. I don't have any problem with dryness when I do this.