Newbie and transitioning! SUPPORT NEEDED!

MsLauren

Hi! I'm a newbie so please take it easy on me! :look:
I have been lurking on this site for so LONG and I promise you this is the best 6.50 I ever spent. All the knowledge I have learned so far from the members on this site made me want to join and get support on my road to natural hair.

My hair is SL and very dry and breaking off. I made myself a regimen and I am 3 months into transitioning. I have no plan to do a BC but i will slowly cut off the relaxed ends. This morning I measured about 2 inches of new growth.:grin:

I have been wet bunning, doing braid outs, and I just got into half wigs. I need the support (especially from others that are transitioning...i know you feel my PAIN!) on my road to healthy hair. Thanks!!

Ijanei

Welcome mslaurenlovee, good luck on your transitioning. I just recently chopped the last few ends off. Last relaxer was in May 2010. Honestly didn't have a tough time like I heard most had. Hope your transitioning goes easy and smooth for you:yep:

MsLauren

I hope to transition for at least a year and a half.
My reggie is cowashing 3 times a week and shampoo once a week all with moisture products. I'm moisturizing with HE LTR or ors olive oil and sealing with coconut oil. I try to baggy once or twice a week and since it's been cold I been trying to do half wigs and buns!

Ijanei

^ thing about transitioning for me that was bad for my hair, was the constant bunning, most have success with it, but for me :nono:, tore my ends up, became thin from the parts I was pinning. So I had found two other staple styles that helped make it easy.

are you documenting your journey with pics? You wont believe the progress you've made unless you have the reminder where your hair once was :yep:

HHG!!

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
You said that your hair was dry and breaking, when was the last time you clarified? Maybe that will help? Or perhaps you need some protein? I looooove Giovanni Nutrafix Hair Reconstructor. It's all natural (no cones!) and it makes my hair super soft. I would definitely recommend it!

MsLauren

You said that your hair was dry and breaking, when was the last time you clarified?

I did a lot of experimenting and I try to do one hardcore protein treatment a month and conditioning with moisturizing products the rest of the month. Now I only find maybe two or three hairs in my comb and thats it! I clarify as needed.

I actually used the Paul Mitchell Keratriplex treatment as my hardcore protein treatment. Since i'm in cosmetology school I can buy the treatments instead of going to the salon and paying an arm and a leg for it! :yep: It's been doing WONDERS for my breakage!