Newbie Got 1.5" Growth in 6 weeks! Thanks SO MUCH Vets!

bride91501

I'm so happy I could cry!

Thanks to all the AMAZING advice I've gotten on this God-sent forum over the last 6 weeks, I've gotten 1.5" of growth in 6 weeks! I am too thrilled if you can't already tell :dance7:

As some of you may know, I BC'd on Memorial Day of this year, and decided to PS in a full weave. As tends to happen with weaves, the last cornrow my nape loosened up, freeing some of my hair along with it, so I decided to measure it this morning. And to my surprise, it measured 3.5" stretched.....that same spot was 2" on June 1!!

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo89/enhawkinsHTD/LHHJ/EH15inchesGrowth6wkspostBC.jpg

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU to all of the wonderful ladies on this forum who've shared their stories, regimens, advice and set-backs. This is one newbie who's listening and it's paying off for the first time in my life.

Thank you!:urock:

SimJam

wonderful, and now that we have a visual starting point, u can compare again in the next 6 weeks :)

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Congrats, OP. I know as a newbie, you may not even have thought to take a starting pic, especially if you didn't expect anything. But I know that it's possible and encourage you to continue to share your progress. You're excited and I'm excited for ya!!! :clapping:

But as you'll learn, you gotta bring hard evidence around here. Tough crowd. :grin: Can't wait to see your next length check. KUTGW!

Congrats and keep up the good work! I know that I'm horrible at taking pics, but it really does help when you can see all of he progress you've made and how far you've come since the beginning! HHJ! :)

SingBrina

I'm so happy I could cry!

Thanks to all the AMAZING advice I've gotten on this God-sent forum over the last 6 weeks, I've gotten 1.5" of growth in 6 weeks! I am too thrilled if you can't already tell :dance7:

As some of you may know, I BC'd on Memorial Day of this year, and decided to PS in a full weave. As tends to happen with weaves, the last cornrow my nape loosened up, freeing some of my hair along with it, so I decided to measure it this morning. And to my surprise, it measured 3.5" stretched.....that same spot was 2" on June 1!!

Wow that is awesome! Can we see! I am happy for you :)

bride91501

I'm sorry but i have got to see to believe

eta:
seen the pics but still

WOW you guys are a tough crowd :grin: I didn't know anything about "stretching" hair before I began stalking LHCF in June; I didn't even realize I should have started with a close-up comparison pic. You can say I was truly lost :drunk: I BC'd on a Monday and got the weave on a Friday, so by the time I realized I should have taken a close up stretched pic it was too late. Oh well. However, reading the threads did prompt me to measure my hair, so I did and noted the spot so I could re-measure there. That's how I know that particular spot was 2" on 6/1.

Here is a pic taken today of my NG:

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo89/enhawkinsHTD/EHNewGrowth6wkspostBC2.jpg

This is at the front of my head; whereas the spot I measured was at the very nape of my neck, but I think there's been considerable growth here too.

I'll be taking this out in 1-2 weeks, so I'll post an update with my hair finger coiled (as it was in my lone BC shot), so you guys can see the difference then.

Last edited:

bride91501

Congrats! What did you do differently that you didn't do before you found the board?

:lachen:Before LHCF, I did NOTHING to my own hair. And by nothing, I mean NOTHING. I've worn weaves and braids almost exclusively for the last 15 years and never even knew I should be concerned about my hair underneath the weave. I'd relax my entire hair before getting a weave or braids (yep, braids too); I rarely washed my hair when I was in the weave or braids...afraid I was gonna "mess it up", so I always waited to do that when I took them down. Rarely conditioned my hair ever (in my life), never even thought about it. Over the last year I've started getting sew-ins, but before that I wore glue-ins almost exclusively. All sad but very true I'm embarrassed to admit :nono:

When I think of all the abuse I've given my hair over the years, its a wonder that I have any hair left. :wallbash: When I was a little girl, the woman who used to braid my hair would always tell my mother that my hair grew fast, but I'd never seen any proof of that in my teen & adult life before now.

Anyway, that was the old me; this is the NEW me (and my new reggie):

Co-wash braids with Almond Shea Butter (EVOO added) and DC with homemade mix weekly; spray kimmaytube's leave-in condish on braids after DC & seal w/shea butter (or EVCO). Moisturize scalp & braids with glycerin/water mix a few days per week; massage edges with castor oil daily. Leave install in for 6-8 weeks & let hair breathe for 1-2 weeks before next install.

This is my first reggie EVER lol, so I'm sure it'll change, but for now this is working.

SingBrina

Lol yeah girl tough crowd, but its just a lot of growth! Lol, and that is a good thing!!! Nothing bad about that, I am really happy, now I am excited to find out how fast my hair will grow now, or even how much it grows lol! Thanks for the update!

drappedup

CONGRATS SO MUCH GIRL!!!!

I am so happy for you! Trust me, I know how it feels to start off utterly clueless! I was and sort of am just like you! I also didn't even really think of taking a "starting" pic, because I wasn't even sure what I was doing, or what direction I was even going in. But congrats! KEEP IT UP!

dafnie

:spinning: WHA??????????// that is is crazy good! congrats and keep on going girl! can't wait till i can rejoice like u r right now!!

Ijanei

I'm so happy for you, u seem excited and eager to learn more about ur hair and it's a good thing u found LHCF because it seems like you were headed for a major disaster with ur old ways...:yep:

congrats on ur growth

Rossy2010

Congrats!! why dont you take a pic and put it on your siggy then take a another pic after six weeks so that we can see the diff. and growth rate. Im just curious coz Im also a newbie and trying to develop a regime that works. I have not experienced alot of growth but reduced shredding which is a huge huge +++++ to me.