ANaturalSista

How can i get my hair to grow? It breaks from the ends and not the roots. I keep my hair braided for two weeks then i take it down and wash with Fantasia Tea tree naturals and follow up with the conditioner by the same company. Then while its still wet i apply Herbal Essence Leave in Conditioner Spray. Before it gets too dry i apply "Shea Butter/Tea Tree Oil" Moisturizer to my ends and put S-curl activator gel on top of that. Then rebraid my hair.

LABETT

WELCOME ABOARD.

Have you tried doing protein treatment or reconstructors to
help with the breakage.
I would also suggest you use Profectiv Healthy End and see
how it works on your ends.
My hair starting growing a lot when I developed a good vitamin regemin that included biotin,msm and protein shakes.

OnceUponAtime

Welcome

There are tons of suggestions and everyone is so different, so my suggestion is to read through a couple of threads and choose what's best for your lifestyle and hair type.

A good place to start is at the home page reading through the regimes of the LHCF super stars! Recently, someone bumped up a thread from several months ago with other suggestions What Has Contributed To Your Hair Growth

Since you're wearing braids as a protective style, keeping your hair moisturized is the best thing you can do. The thread I listed has loads of suggetions.

Have fun in your research and fair warning, you will become addicted.

OnceUponAtime

AFashionSlave

Welcome to the board. I live in Kansas City also!

I agree with LABETT. Maybe your ends are breaking off because you need a protein treatment.

Maybe you can try using richer or heavier products to protect your ends. Try adding a mixture of honey, caster oil and olive oil to your Fantasia Tea tree conditioner.

ANaturalSista

My boyfriend shampoos/washes my hair, I let it air dry and I drink a lot of water.(well more than usual). I'm going natural. I haven't had a relaxer in like 5-6 months(i think). I take vitamins: MSM,B-Complex 50, and Biotin

soulchild

How cute we have a couple on the board.

I agree about a protein treatment. For example, Elasta QP Breakage Contol Serum.

Also, you could probably use a good moisturizing conditioner to use every week. My recommendation is Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner.

I encourage you to e-mail or call the companies and request samples first to see if you like the products.