does braidouts make ur ends dry

Inches411

maybe im doing something wrong but i did a braid out last night and i moisturizer the ends and put a little water on the ends before i braided it and this morning wheni finger comb out the braid out and felt the ends it was hard... and i only use shea and tea tree oil moisturizer by organics.. any suggestions

Maybe next time don't use water, use your moisturizer and seal with an oil. Also u could use perm rods at the end as well, instead of letting them hang loose. HTH

Maybe next time don't use water, use your moisturizer and seal with an oil. Also u could use perm rods at the end as well, instead of letting them hang loose. HTH

Tasha's right, seal with an oil and use perm rods. It'll have some bounce to it too. Mine do. I use Aceite 3 and castor oil mix and saturate the ends and then set them on perm rods over night and wrap my head with a silk scarf then cover the whole thing with a satin cap. They'll dry soft and nice. Guaranteed.

Not anymore. I just discovered this technique recently and my twist out stays moist all day. At night I section my hair off, lightly spray with water and retwist the section. Before I get to the last 3 inches of hair, I smother the ends with Seyani Hair Butter. It is stick straight at the end. i do this to all sections. Then I put on a shower cap and a silk scarf or bonnet on top of that. When I wake up in the morning, the heat from the shower cap has caused the ends to gently curl and when I untwist my hair in the morning, the ends are moist. They feel slightly oily in the morning, but as the day goes on, the ends of my hair absorb the oil. It's been working for me and I have very dry hair.

Tasha's right, seal with an oil and use perm rods. It'll have some bounce to it too. Mine do. I use Aceite 3 and castor oil mix and saturate the ends and then set them on perm rods over night and wrap my head with a silk scarf then cover the whole thing with a satin cap. They'll dry soft and nice. Guaranteed.

thanks but i did use perm rods.

I don't do braid-outs, but twist-outs keep my ends moisturized! I do my hair twice or three times a week and I use 2 types of conditioner (DevaCare On+ Jessicurl WDT) plus 100% shea butter. The shea butter is what keeps my hair moisturized.

Yes, yes, yes!! And I hate it! I've tried every technique imaginable to no avail. :perplexed It's a shame because I really love the way they look.

I don't do braid-outs, but twist-outs keep my ends moisturized! I do my hair twice or three times a week and I use 2 types of conditioner (DevaCare On+ Jessicurl WDT) plus 100% shea butter. The shea butter is what keeps my hair moisturized.

i like twist outs but they never stay in so i think imma twist out the length and braid the ends and see how that works.

Yes, yes, yes!! And I hate it! I've tried every technique imaginable to no avail. :perplexed It's a shame because I really love the way they look.

awww. thanks at least i know im not the only one.. imma keep trying.. ill let u know if i come up with something

I had this same problem for the longest as well. I recently found that NTM leave-in and Garnier Fructis Anti frizz serum works wonders in keeping my braid-outs moist all day.

Braidouts leave my ends dry. They are moist at first then as the day goes on they tend to dry out. If I put too much moisturizer on at first they end up not holding the curl pattern as much. They look great but they're drying so far.

i was thinking maybe cause i braidout on dry hair.. i jut washed and braided on damp hair i wonder what that will look like.. well see tmw

This is my first week ever wearing a twist-out. I was surprised that my ends stayed moisturized by using sheabutter (Shescentit) and sealing with Vatika Frosting.

I did my twist-out on dry hair.

Back