Hair care help for a newbie

M_BYRON_M

Hey Ladies,
My hair is contantly in kanerows, i wash every 2-3 weeks and mosturize along the way but when i take out my hair its breaks and breaks and breaks - I understand that hair sheds but the hair that comes out fills a whole conditioner jar.(perfromed yesterday). can anyone offer any advice .

My current products are:
Ors uplifting shampoo
Ors hair mayo
coconut oil
olive oil
Ors tea tree medicated scalp conditioner

My hair is natural and i dont know its type???

Tai

Is it possible that the hair that you use for your braids is actually breaking off your hair?
I've heard my stylist say that you have to be careful with the type of hair (real or synthetic) that you use because certain types can end up cutting your own hair, which might be what's happening, due to the amount of hair you're seeing when you take your braids out.

M_BYRON_M

Thanks for the advice but i didnt fill out my signature properly - i dont have extensions or anything men dont usually

M_BYRON_M

Its really difficult as i have to go to school.Although i do intend to wear different styles during the summer.As a young man wid long hair its difficult to wear outish styles as they tend to look scruffy ..well maybe thats just me !

bettydavis

I found that ORS products dried out my hair, same with olive oil. Maybe you need to experiment with different products. Shea butter and coconut oil mixed together work great for braids, in my experience, and African Pride braids spray works well too. How long do you leave your braids in? If you are leaving them in for a few weeks, it could be natural shedding.

Also, if your hair is a bit weak naturally (mine is), try a protein treatment now and then to strengthen it, I use Aubrey Organics GPB.

Be careful how you comb it, that could contribute to breakage. Do it in sections, gently, from the ends first.

Another product I recommend is Profectiv Breakfree as a leave in conditioner.

HTH

M_BYRON_M

Hi all and thanks for the advice .

blaxalrose: i wear satin scarf but it rarely stays on my head all nite as it tends to slip no matter how hard i tie it.
Is there anyone from London who has found Surge and if so what was the price??

Thanks again **

LABETT

WELCOME ABOARD.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
[ QUOTE ]
M_BYRON_M said:
Hey Ladies,
My hair is contantly in kanerows, i wash every 2-3 weeks and mosturize along the way but when i take out my hair its breaks and breaks and breaks - I understand that hair sheds but the hair that comes out fills a whole conditioner jar.(perfromed yesterday). can anyone offer any advice .

My current products are:
Ors uplifting shampoo
Ors hair mayo
coconut oil
olive oil
Ors tea tree medicated scalp conditioner

My hair is natural and i dont know its type???

[/ QUOTE ]

M_Byron_M, how often do you do and re-do your kanekalon cornrows???

M_BYRON_M

M_Byron_M, how often do you do and re-do your kanekalon cornrows???

My hair is constanly Kanerowed (cornrowed) and is all my own. I take it out and get it redone on the same day .

alliyah4eva203

[ QUOTE ]
M_BYRON_M said:
Hi all and thanks for the advice .

blaxalrose: i wear satin scarf but it rarely stays on my head all nite as it tends to slip no matter how hard i tie it.
Is there anyone from London who has found Surge and if so what was the price??

Thanks again **

[/ QUOTE ]
supergrows cosmetics
queens market
upton park east london
020 8525 9886
it's £3.29 for a bottle

CarolinaAfro

Hi Bryon!

I've used ORS uplifting shampoo and personally I found it to be extremely drying on my hair. You may want to try a different shampoo. Or you could dilute your shampoo with some water. (maybe 1 part shampoo to 2 parts water). Make use you use conditioner afterward.

Right now I'm using Suave Professionals Humectant shampoo and conditioner. Super cheap...like $1.49 where I get it from here in the states.

patience

Diluted Dr. Bronner's Castille Soap makes a great shampoo as well. You can add oils such as Olive Oil to it as well as vitamin E. I love mine and it doesn't dry out my hair.

CarolinaAfro

[ QUOTE ]
Daughter said:
wherabouts do you live cos I'm going to look for Surge in my area. If I find Surge I'll let you know

[/ QUOTE ]

I just looked at your hair album and I'm trying to figure out what you are planning on using Surge on... Your hair is awesome! I'm developing a serious case of hair envy

Daughter

UK Blak
LOL! thanks, though I don't know why you'd have hair envy, yours is lovely and thick!

I'd like to give surge a try cos my hairline could do with some help, though I rarely put pressure on it. It doesn't seem to be growing much lately either...

M_BYRON_M

Thanks all for the replies and ill look into them ...mwah**

Daughter;
wherabouts do you live cos I'm going to look for Surge in my area. If I find Surge I'll let you know?

I live in brixton i did find it in one shop but they are notourious for watering down or tampering with products so i left it ..

Daughter

UK Blak
I live in the north! A little birdie pm'ed me though about where you can get it in south london... I'll forward you the shops...