Nexxus Emergencee vs. Aphogee Two-Step vs. Sebastian Penetraitt

Which of the following protein treatments do you like best?

• Nexxus Emergencee

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • Aphogee Two Step

Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Sebastian Penetraitt

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Other (please explain in thread!) :-)

Votes: 3 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

outspokenwallflower

Nexxus Emergencee vs. Aphogee Two Step Protein Treatment vs. Sebastian Penetraitt:

Those who have used two or more of the hard protein treatments listed, which did you like/prefer? Why? And how well did it work (or how well did it NOT work?)

RelaxednNapulous

I've used Emergencee and ApHogee 2 step. Liked them both. I used Emergencee during a really bad period of breakage years ago and weekly afterward for a month or two. I can't remember why I didn't use ApHogee instead, probably because I couldn't find it locally and wanted to start ASAP.

Now I use ApHogee 2 step about 2 weeks after a relaxer. I think the difference in my hair is more dramatic. It feels fine with Emergencee, but I'm more struck by my hair's strength after ApHogee. It's also softer from Step 2, than after Emergencee and another conditioner. It's like a new head of hair with the ApHogee.

JJamiah

DRC 28 Soft yet Stronger than Aphogee 2 step. I don't have to sit under the dryer for hours.

It is amazing in a bottle. :)

FutureMD

I like Emergencee b/c it's faster to use...I'm assuming you're comparing it to the Aphogee that you have to dry under a dryer before rinsing out.
I don't know that I see one working better than the other, but like the option of something that I can just apply and rinse out.

BlackMasterPiece

RelaxednNapulous said:
I've used Emergencee and ApHogee 2 step. Liked them both. I used Emergencee during a really bad period of breakage years ago and weekly afterward for a month or two. I can't remember why I didn't use ApHogee instead, probably because I couldn't find it locally and wanted to start ASAP.

Now I use ApHogee 2 step about 2 weeks after a relaxer. I think the difference in my hair is more dramatic. It feels fine with Emergencee, but I'm more struck by my hair's strength after ApHogee. It's also softer from Step 2, than after Emergencee and another conditioner. It's like a new head of hair with the ApHogee.
Yea the Aphogee gives my hair sooooo much strength its awesome, my strands are so thick and resilient after using it it never ceases to amaze.

JJamiah said:
DRC 28 Soft yet Stronger than Aphogee 2 step. I don't have to sit under the dryer for hours.

It is amazing in a bottle. :)
Dang, I'm gonna haveta give this a go:scratchch

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Hmp. I am using Nexxus Emergencee now. I've used it back in the day and it always delivers. Great Product.:grin:

I have DRC 28 on my wish-list, but am also rotating Dudley's Cream Protein and Dudley's Hair Rebuilder (both are good).:yep:

I also like Sebastain Penetraitt. I like to use this as a Mid-Step (relaxer process) and also Joico K-Pak and Nexxus Keraphix.

I have not ever purchased Apoghee to use as a DIY, but had this treatment done in Salons. I won't be getting this.:nono:

I'll definitely get DRC 28 and even maybe Ultra Sheen Duo Tex.:ohwell:

RelaxednNapulous

drc 28!!!!!!!!!!

What's the full name? Dudley's Recovery something? I'd be curious to try something that's less expensive or more effective. Though I did just buy the ApHogee, so I won't need anything for a while.

I forgot how runny the ApHogee is, I do prefer the thick, gel-like texture of the Emergencee. Although it seems like I need to use it more, or that it's for "smaller jobs." I only use the ApHogee after a relaxer, so once every 8-10 weeks.

Kurlee

What's the full name? Dudley's Recovery something? I'd be curious to try something that's less expensive or more effective. Though I did just buy the ApHogee, so I won't need anything for a while.

I forgot how runny the ApHogee is, I do prefer the thick, gel-like texture of the Emergencee. Although it seems like I need to use it more, or that it's for "smaller jobs." I only use the ApHogee after a relaxer, so once every 8-10 weeks.
it's really expensive and all it says on the bottle is DRC 28 but it is POTENT

TKay45

I like Mizani Kerafuse Intense Strengthening Treatment. Aphogee made my hair to hard even after deep conditioning afterwards and Nexxus made my hair toooo slippery/flimsy. For me Mizani is just right and there is no more hair in the sink when I comb it.

outspokenwallflower

Ladies, I just got the DRC 28 from my local BSS...this stuff is so PRICEY. $49.99 is the cheapest price I found, and I called over 5 BSS....I'm excited to try it though, I go through continuous breakage problems and have tried both Aphogee and Nexxus with to no avail :(

TaraDyan

Natural again ... this time for good!
Every time I see one of these threads, it makes me want to try DRC 28 even more. I have heard soooooo many great things about it.

Y'all are just BAD for my PJism.

An_gell

I love the Aphogee two step, I have not tried the other two though. But I like Aphogee, because when I do use it, it makes my hair so strong but yet soft. Not to mention it stops any shedding or breakage I might have going on at the time. In the past I use to use it once a month, but I have been doing other light protein treatments. I realized I didn't need such a hard core treatment, but I still love it and will probably do one next month.

JJamiah

Ladies, I just got the DRC 28 from my local BSS...this stuff is so PRICEY. $49.99 is the cheapest price I found, and I called over 5 BSS....I'm excited to try it though, I go through continuous breakage problems and have tried both Aphogee and Nexxus with to no avail :(

:woohoo:It is so worth the price. I got 2 bottles for my Bday :)

Last edited:

JJamiah

I have read the testimonies on DRC-28, but can someone explain how to use it?

After Shampooing my hair with my hair cleanser, I apply DRC 28 with my spray bottle to my hair, I get under the dryer for 20 minutes under my plastic cap (*directions say 15) and then rinse it out and follow up with a DC of your choice, I choose Alter Ego Garlic Conditioner for 1 hour under my Metallic Conditioning cap, rinse and air dry. My hair is so SOFT and strong it is unbelievable.

I no longer have to try to crunch all this hair up under my dryer or wait 1.5 hours to dry. 20 minutes is all it takes for me.

outspokenwallflower

After Shampooing my hair with my hair cleanser, I apply DRC 28 with my spray bottle to my hair, I get under the dryer for 20 minutes under my plastic cap (*directions say 15) and then rinse it out and follow up with a DC of your choice, I choose Alter Ego Garlic Conditioner for 1 hour under my Metallic Conditioning cap, rinse and air dry. My hair is so SOFT and strong it is unbelievable.

I no longer have to try to crunch all this hair up under my dryer or wait 1.5 hours to dry. 20 minutes is all it takes for me.

Oh, so this treatment doesn't have to get "hard" without a cap like the other protein treatments do? I'm liking the sound of DRC already...

MzTease: thank you for asking the question I needed an answer to!:grin:

ladysaraii

My only thing about the DRC is it sounds like it needs heat. I have a blowdryer, but no dryer to sit under. SO i under if it would work for me

JJamiah

Oh, so this treatment doesn't have to get "hard" without a cap like the other protein treatments do? I'm liking the sound of DRC already...

@MzTease: thank you for asking the question I needed an answer to!:grin:

As my hair got longer than MBL it became a problem to get all the hair dry. It started taking over an hour and still not completely dry. too much worry about how to place the hair since it would harden, when shorter I just comb it straight.
This is worth it.

My only thing about the DRC is it sounds like it needs heat. I have a blowdryer, but no dryer to sit under. SO i under if it would work for me
Yeah it needs the heat.

@JJamiah that sounds so easy. That might go on my list after I use all of my MegaTek.

@outspokenwallflower - No problem at all!

:yep: you'll likey

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal

You don't need to drop big bucks for a hooded dryer. If you watch the sales, you can get one for less than $30.

Iluvsmuhgrass

LOVED Nexxus Emergencee. It's the business for my grass (when I was relaxed and as a natural.) It strengthened my hair without making it crunchy. I follow with a moisturizing DC. Not sure if it qualifies as a hard protein but it beat the hot sauce out of Aphogee (to me.)

Aphogee caused massive breakage no matter which products I used. :nono: Whenever I stopped using Aphogee the breakage stopped. Raw egg mixed with oil worked alot better for me than Aphogee did. It actually came in right behind Emergencee for me.